Mac Vs. PC

Onion

Personally I don't even think Beemers are that great anyways, lol. If you're gonna go European get a Mercedes, Aston Martin, maybe even an Audi, come on :P

Besides, anything personally built will always beat something you buy from the store when it comes to computers (assuming you aren't completely inept) :lol:

well i just spec'd one with two 6 cores at 2.9 ghz, 64gb ram, a ssd, 6tb storage, dual 5770s, no screens or anything like that, and it came in at over $14000, now my build is shaping up to be well under $5k retail, and im paying much less than that.

when my rig is done i will get the two pictures for a comparison :whistling:

$14,000??? The case must be made of gold :lol:

Way better to build it yourself.

Not to mention you will completely blow away that Mac setup in the graphics department with your Kepler card/cards :biggrin:

Also with Windows, you can actually play all of your games properly.

And if OSX is the main selling point, a well maintained Linux distro has everything a Mac fan would say OSX has over a PC. (Fast, more secure, immune to most malware... etc)

Edited by 90sgamer

$14,000??? The case must be made of gold

Not quiet it just suffers from a horrible condition called apple-owns-Australia-and-has-decided-to-rape-the-economy-with-mediocre-products-for-exorberent-prices-purely-because-they-can-itus.

Not quiet it just suffers from a horrible condition called apple-owns-Australia-and-has-decided-to-rape-the-economy-with-mediocre-products-for-exorberent-prices-purely-because-they-can-itus.

Rape = bad? I wish someone would have told me that sooner :lol:

I knew that your hardware prices were bad, but that is downright atrocious :yucky:

Sorry guys. :(

I knew that your hardware prices were bad, but that is downright atrocious :yucky:

Sorry guys. :(

yep, i could build 3 hives for the price of the mac pro that is the closest to matching (has old gen cpus, only 5770 gpus, slower ram, no liquid cooling and isnt the hive) and still have enough change to do a crazy lan rig as well :biggrin:

You know, for all apple debates, I turn to the classic flame wars of the god of reason and the god of white trash.

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS WILL PISS YOU OFF. You all remember Apple Soldier right :evilgrin:

This guy is a bit offensive. However, I love watching them argue :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSon62inD1E&feature=related

You know, for all apple debates, I turn to the classic flame wars of the god of reason and the god of white trash.

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS WILL PISS YOU OFF.

For once in my life I should have listened to the warning...

:vmad: :vmad: :vmad: :vmad:

I AM RAGING RIGHT NOW!

Man that kid is dumb.

:pfp:

The other guy seems to know what he is talking about.

(I have a strong urge to use the word buttmunch more often now too lol)

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS WILL PISS YOU OFF. You all remember Apple Soldier right :evilgrin:

all of my rage... thats right, all of it

So much talk, and points, and periods in the apple videos... to say, well, nothing. :lol:

I mean, so much arguments to say that they're better when they aren't even "qualified" to talk about it. I mean: How much hours they have put into knowing Windows, Linux or Mac to make comments like that?

Its just like saying Mac is better than Linux because it is Unix. :pfp:

your trying to say my rig is a skoda?

it is a 2.4 meter long desk with dual loop liquid cooling, dual powersupplies and im going to be running dual 6 core e-5 xeons with dual/ triple 680s. it can hold 4 120mm x 4 rads and the top is one huge sheet of glass so you can see the whole pc beneath it.

as this is fully custom built, there isnt anything like it in the world. i think it would hold its value pretty well

that's a fair bit wider than a Skoda :lol::rofl:

Oh my goodness....He's just an embarrassment to us Mac fans.... :whoa:

I like Mac and I like PC...I am not saying one is better...I saying I like both...there's pros and cons for both...that's final....

PS: someone tell that guy(in the second vid) that "bootcamp" isn't a hack....it's a piece of OEM software that comes with all the intels... :woo:

Edited by Il_napoletano