GPU update

Hey guys, my sapphire 6970 has given up, but its still under warranty and im getting store credit from where i bought it.

$350 dollars of it to be exact

so im looking for the best performance out of $350 australian (even though our dollar is stronger than the us we still pay more)

so look for a solution around the $300 dollar mark if your in the us

im selling my whole rig to a friend in 3 weeks time, so i wont be using these cards much, ive told him what happend and he said hes fine with whatever cards as long as they give same or higher performance.

i can get crossfired 7770s (sapphire 1ghz ones) for the right price, 6870s are too expensive here and there are no 6850s in stock

i dont mind if its nvidia, but i have no idea about their lower end range

so lets hear some solutions

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7770s in Crossfire fit the bill nicely IMHO. If you can wait a week or so I think the 7850 and 7870 should be out (based on rumors anyway).

7770s in Crossfire fit the bill nicely IMHO. If you can wait a week or so I think the 7850 and 7870 should be out (based on rumors anyway).

yeah, there is a pair in stock at the store too.

550ti sli is the fastest nvidia that i can get inside that price range

Think about 7850. ;)

these are only temporary, as im selling this rig

even at stock clocks they beat my 6970 by over 2000 points in vantage, im overclocking them now, probably to 1.1 or 1.2 ghz

also, im thinking about what performance i can get out of kelper under water and overclocked :evilgrin:

sounds much more fun than 7770s

Edited by Muchoman1

these are only temporary, as im selling this rig

Yeah because this guy thinks he's new Kepler powered rig can beat my Extreme Beast rig :P

Yeah because this guy thinks he's new Kepler powered rig can beat my Extreme Beast rig :P

yes, i do believe that my dual 6 core 32gb ram rig with dual 680s / triple 670s will beat your single 6 core and dual 7970s.

your "extreme beast" has nothing on The Hive

Edited by Muchoman1