PC Gaming Headsets?

amythompson172

Anyone have any knowledge on pc gaming headsets?

was thinking about getting these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RVD89M/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=emjay2d-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000RVD89M

or these http://steelseries.com/products/audio/steelseries-siberia-v2

help if you can. or mehbeh just say which ones seem best bang for the buck

Of those two, I would go with the Siberia V2. Few people on the site have them and speak highly of them.

Do you have a set budget for the headset or just whatever is the best bang for buck?

I have had older versions of Siberia's in the past. They are pretty good, I usually go through headsets every year or two. I got sick of spending tons of money on them so I just buy the cheap ones now.. I got a set of $20 plantronics right now couldn't be happier, sometimes more expensive isn't always better :P especially when ya break them like I do lol...

**Edit I have actually owned those logitechs too, they are kinda bulky and I didn't really like them, and they too ended up breaking...

Now I used to do a lot of traveling around the country to lan parties and events, so I would just always toss them into my bag... Kinda rough on them...

Edited by greengiant912

siberia v2. a no brainer really. logitech makes mainly good mice.

other than that, you should be looking for headsets with good directional sound which is the most important element for them to be good for gaming. Often times though, gear that's advertised as 'gaming' is actually overpriced rubbish. Steelseries products are fine though.

I personally got studio headphones with good directional sound so it's good for more than just gaming.

It depends on what you want to use the headset for. You can be specific because there is a huge variety of headphones on the market and you'll always find something that suites your needs.