90sgamer

Windows 8 Consumer Preview Now Available

Windows-8-Consumer-Preview-Beta-Download.jpg

http://lifehacker.com/5889270/download-the-windows-8-consumer-preview-now

Microsoft just released a new version of Win 8, this time aimed at consumers. :biggrin:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/iso

Direct Links:

Win 8 Consumer Preview 64bit

Win 8 Consumer Preview 32bit

Beta Product Key: DNJXJ-7XBW8-2378T-X22TX-BKG7J

Enjoy :thumbsup:

I liked the Dev preview better. Had a start menu, the shut down button was easy to get to which now you have to log out then shut down. It seems a little bit slower as well. Now it is even more blah to try and use it without a touch screen. Microsoft better think of things with non-touch based computers because touch screens are still expensive and most people will not buy one just to upgrade windows.

Yeah, it really doesn't make a lot of sense. The metro UI just isn't useful for desktops. Why not fork it off into a version optimized for touchpads and one optimized for desktops?

• Like 1

I wouldn't fret too much with Metro UI, someone is bound to come up with a way to disable it on retail if M$ doesn't just give us the option built-in.

I hope to God they don't find some way to incorporate hotmail into this... On the top left in the screenshot, the guy's name and picture reminded me of msn/hotmail.

I hope to God they don't find some way to incorporate hotmail into this... On the top left in the screenshot, the guy's name and picture reminded me of msn/hotmail.

Probably part of the Windows Live account. They use that on the Zune software too.

Okay I am actually using it right now and I am NOT impressed, I have seen nothing that looks to me like it might be impressive. Okay I like the weather app, but that is about it.

in the process of downloading, already made an image of my setup so I'll post back later with my thoughts

just downloaded it(the trail) will tell you guys my opinion..on how windows has just copied Mac OSX lion.....;)....don't be hating...lol

edit: prepare for war...

Edited by Il_napoletano