Audio driver not working

Il_napoletano

Hi guys I've got a friend who has an asrock mobo with an amd athlon 3000 cpu....he has installed XP and the audio driver won't install..he has tried SP1,2 and 3, microsoft's hotfix...and still the same...he said an error message comes up saying something about sm bus etc....he's coming round tomorrow to see if I can fix it for him. Is there anyone who has had this problem and found a way to fix it? I've looked on google and i've found a few threads..but I wanted to see if anyone here has had this problem

thanks

ps: sorry about the info of the spec of the computer...I'll find it out tomorrow

Install UAA bus driver for HD audio before trying to install audio driver. ;)

we've already tried that... :(

when we install the realtek ac'97 driver, just at the end of the installation...it flashes a bsod and then reboots..

has i've looked on google..and nothing seems to be working

is it gone? do we need to get a pci soundcard... :(

you could try using BlueScreen Viewer to gather details of the BSOD (STOP error) to be sure it's a hardware problem.

A PCI based sound card is a good option, if you're planning to get a really good sound card.

I did that already and it turned out to be hardware problem...so we fixed in the end with a $4 sound card....

thanks everyone for all your help :thumbsup:

some hercules no name card....;)...as it was only a p4 2.4ghz in the end...and the guy who uses the computer only watches movies on it...so in the end we decided $4 instead of $20...:)

Edited by Il_napoletano

I know that...but some of these italians are a bit behind in technology...;)...then again..my cousin is running a beast of an i7...and even my system is a bit outdated (09)...but it's just that I don't have that sort of $$ right now....;)

edit:spelling

Edited by Il_napoletano

First of all update your windows service pack

Update all other drivers that control your PC

Use a driver finder tool to find exact driver for the hardware.

Make sure that that your Windows is virus free.

Hope these guidelines fix your problem.