Disparaitre

Hey guys. I bought my game through Gamestation and it isn't working. HOW DARE GAMESTATION SELL ME A NON-WORKING PRODUCT. I took it back and told them that it didn't work (and loads of people are having this problem too) and they refunded it! What sort of service is this? Gamestation has ruined my game so I am a pirate now!

Why does no-one ever think it's the devs fault when it comes to digital distribution nowadays? No-one blames high-street retailers for games that don't work, so why does digital distribution automatically make the vendor the scapegoat?

If a Valve game doesn't work, then sure. Blame Steam (being owned by Valve) all you want. But in almost all cases, the content you get from the service is almost (or exactly) identical to the stuff on the retail disc. The content is supplied to Valve (or more specifically, Steam) by the devs/publishers(?) so anything that doesn't work isn't their fault, provided they host it as-is.

Gaddangit, threads like this really strike the wrong chord with me.

Gaddangit, threads like this really strike the wrong chord with me.

What, the ones where people get all bent out of shape because they failed at Googling...and then want to blame someone for something that doesn't deserve any blame? :lol:

Hell...I didn't bitch this much when my 2600K died out of nowhere. :lol:

What, the ones where people get all bent out of shape because they failed at Googling...and then want to blame someone for something that doesn't deserve any blame? :lol:

Hell...I didn't classy lady this much when my 2600K died out of nowhere. :lol:

died out of nowhere? or died because someone wasn't happy with their overclock and pushed it further? :lol:

died out of nowhere? or died because someone wasn't happy with their overclock and pushed it further? :lol:

Died cos it couldn't handle 4.5GHz with water cooling that kept it pretty much at ambient temps constantly.

Was really dud if we assume waco can overclock but....... Well I leave that and his luck and ridiculous list of dead hardware at that :happy:

I wish it was that simple. :lol:

Hell...I didn't bitch this much when my 2600K died out of nowhere.

I've complained less being physically injured...

:lol:

Not sure anyone has suggested it... but couldn't you just have taken that steam wallet credit and re-purchased the games? This would have issued you with new keys just like you requested...

Not sure anyone has suggested it... but couldn't you just have taken that steam wallet credit and re-purchased the games? This would have issued you with new keys just like you requested...

Re-purchase would more than likely be at a higher price and not preferable, nice would be the issuing of repeated keys till one worked and if the distributed could handle this is would be preferable to the customer going above the distributed to the actual game company.