Disparaitre

Just out of curiosity I checked my copy of SoC and I seem to be able to play online okay. I could only test it with creating my own server though, I seem to have a different version of the game than any of the other servers that were available. I never even finished the single player though, so I didn't even really try multiplayer until now.

Is this even Steam's fault though? I mean isn't the game developer that creates and manages the keys? Steam just hands them out?

Personally, I've bought over 150 games on steam and never really had a problem with any of them, aside from operating system issues or something that, but I don't blame Steam for those kind of issues.

The STALKER series was not created by Valve. If they say they have no control over the issue I don't blame them.

Go buy a key from some other website (like greenman gaming) and see if it works online. It's not like Steam is giving out bad keys on purpose.

I never tried S.T.A.L.K.E.R. online... do people still play SoC and CS? I'd rather play with people here...

Wardozer and I tried a while back but ran into all sorts of issues.

If it goes ahead properly it will be on an outside server you may have to patch your copy to the right version and have the up to date stalker complete mod installed and wardozer has all the instructions so hit him up a pm with your interest.

I have a french dvd one and CS was purchased in GAME or gamestop... I hate digital copies unless they're free... Can't yous set up a cracked server or something?

Okay, first lets calm down, Stalker is made by a different company and so has no control over if the keys have an issue. This is like blaming Gamestop for a bug in BF3. Seriously off base. Second they issued you a refund for the game as you said. No remember this is NOT their fault and they issued a refund. Go buy a game at a local game store physically and then try to get them to refund you because the people making the game has an issue and see how far you get. You might get an in store credit like STEAM gave you but more likely you will be told to take it up with the games producer.Sounds to me, when I read between the lines of venom in the post that Steam actually handled this pretty well. Now I cannot speak to this particular game but I can say I have tons of Steam games and I know people with literally hundreds and none one i know has ever had a complaint about the service Steam has offered. I appreciate your anger and understand it but I think you have misdirected it and even gone over the top. besides if the worst you see in your life is one game with an issue then dude you are so lucky!

I understand that you would be upset that your purchase didn't work out, but lemons happen. As far as the store credit vs refund did you actually ask for a refund as opposed to credit? They are not really obligated to give you either and if you didn't ask for it they would be foolish to offer it.

My advice is to keep the credit and request that in addition to that they allow you to keep the functioning offline copy of the game as compensation for your troubles. Any company is going to be more willing to give you extras for your money when the alterative is to give you your money back.

Okay, first lets calm down, Stalker is made by a different company and so has no control over if the keys have an issue. This is like blaming Gamestop for a bug in BF3. Seriously off base. Second they issued you a refund for the game as you said. No remember this is NOT their fault and they issued a refund. Go buy a game at a local game store physically and then try to get them to refund you because the people making the game has an issue and see how far you get. You might get an in store credit like STEAM gave you but more likely you will be told to take it up with the games producer.Sounds to me, when I read between the lines of venom in the post that Steam actually handled this pretty well. Now I cannot speak to this particular game but I can say I have tons of Steam games and I know people with literally hundreds and none one i know has ever had a complaint about the service Steam has offered. I appreciate your anger and understand it but I think you have misdirected it and even gone over the top. besides if the worst you see in your life is one game with an issue then dude you are so lucky!

+1

Buying a game in a shop isn't "all-perfect" too. I can say this because I worked on one game shop and already did buy a PC game with problems. :P

I may say that where I worked, being refund for a game would depend on which boss was on the shop for example. :lol:

I think that this "Invalid key" problem doesn't only happen on steam games. I think that I already heard of a few local bought games with problems like that along the years. :P

Edited by XtremeDS

I don't see why you are up in arms because Steam is selling keys given to them by the publisher of the Stalker games. Seems like your anger is misplaced here. Also, you might not want to talk about piracy. Especially talking about the site you use to pirate games.

I don't see why you are up in arms because Steam is selling keys given to them by the publisher of the Stalker games. Seems like your anger is misplaced here. Also, you might not want to talk about piracy. Especially talking about the site you use to pirate games.

:withstupid: Steam is simply a store, just like any other. Like Cheeseman said, they are given keys by the publisher of the games, and if one key is bad, you take it up with the publisher, not Steam. You got a refund from Steam, which, like others have said, is more than what usually happens. You should be mad at THQ for not delivering the proper key instead of making a blanket statement about Steam.