Disparaitre

If Valve knows there is an issue with the keys they got from GSC then how is it not their problem to at the absolute very least make this potential problem known on the games store page?
You know what they say about those that assume, right? You're assuming the problem still exists. Just because someone posted about it a few days ago, doesn't mean they just bought the game - they could have been like you and purchased it a year ago and never tried online before. For all you know, recent purchases of the game are just fine.

I have over 200 games on Steam, as do many people on this board. You're not going to convince anyone that Valve is the devil, so quit trying.

Heres the mind blower so hold on tight *deep breath* do you expect a software company to email every single purchaser of their game when there is an issue or issue letters to all of the people that purchased it retail who live in the middle of nowhere when they don't even know where these people live or do you think that maybe, just maybe. It's easier to let the retailers know and put a little placcard in the store saying"If you purchased this product from this time to this time then you may be affected by this issue, if so contact Joe Schmoe at [email protected]". Hmm. I'd actually think it would be easier and more realistic for companies to let their distributors know as there is a 99.99% chance the distributor get's visited more frequently than the supplier @_@ Zomg, that makes so much sense it's scary. Use the most accesible means to reach people you say? Nooo, it can't be done. Oh wait, it is how it's usually done.

You're familiar with car recalls right? Or just product recalls in general? The manufacturer puts out a notice to everyone saying "this thing produced during these years is defective for that reason." Do the car dealerships announce that? Do the stores announce that? No, it is the manufacturer/developer's job to warn people and let them know what the problem is.

NOt trying to so stop trying to convince people I'm saying more than make sure the game you want to buy doesn't have a STEAM specific issue like this. Also, steam never even offered me another key when my first respone was:

I was a little on edge cause I was messing with the game trying to get it to work for about 2 hours and had a bit of a stress induced headache. I know, me, stressed? But anyways, my first message to STEAM support was to get the problem solved by if anything else, getting another key to use as the one I had wasn't working.

So, all of the arguing saying I should have tried to get another key and they would have given it to me is all invalid and Valve really did mess this whole thing up by ignoring that plea and not even offering to remove the game and try again with another key/copy.

COngrats, you are basically saying I should have done what I did first and try to get another key and in doing so you are inadvertently saying Valve took the low road by not complying with what you said I should do as you thought it was a good idea. Congrats, you condemned them just as I did for not doing what you said they should do.

Cmon, lets see that egg on your face, don't be shy, wear it with pride.

You really need to learn to read. At least three of us have repeatedly told you the issue is NOT WITH VALVE. We never said you should have asked Steam for a new key, you should have contacted GSC/THQ, as it clearly says in the Steam FAQ....that is, of course, if you didn't find the thread I found in five seconds telling you how to verify a cd key and get a new one if it fails.

You're familiar with car recalls right? Or just product recalls in general? The manufacturer puts out a notice to everyone saying "this thing produced during these years is defective for that reason." Do the car dealerships announce that? Do the stores announce that? No, it is the manufacturer/developer's job to warn people and let them know what the problem is.

This. Although I have gotten notices from my dealers about recalls as a courtesy before.

If Valve knows there is an issue with the keys they got from GSC then how is it not their problem to at the absolute very least make this potential problem known on the games store page?

This would be like Wal-Mart selling Cabbage patch dolls that FREAKING EXPLODE. IT's not Wal-Marts fault that a little seemingly harmless doll explodes for no apparent reason but if they know about the issue is it not their responsibility to let the consumers know that there is a chance this toy could FREAKING EXPLODE?

Would you still be happy if when the Firestone issue was going on that even though a tire chaning depot knew about the tires possibly being faulty but they put them on your truck and later that day they blew out causing you to roll off the side of a mountain? Don't you think you should get some kind of warning? Maybe since they know there is a possible issue that while it doesn't affect every single tire but there is always that chance that that tire depot should possibly relay that info? I mean hey, the salesman knows he might be killing you and your family by selling you those tires but he didn't make the tires so it's not his problem.

You're comparing something that can potentally cause harm or injury and comparing that to a non-working CDkey. its not even the same ballpark. one relates to negligence and the duty of care (not sure if the USA uses the same legal definitions as we do) the other relates to not getting what you paid for.

I know you're angry and frustrated at the whole situation. Its understandable to be angry for not to getting what you paid for. but you're definitley overreacting. I bet you if i try and install my copy of Stalker which i bought in the 2010 xmas sale i bet that i'll probably have the same issue as you. but i'm not going to rant on to the same extent. and im certainly not going to blame valve

:withstupid:

Yup the search function in the Steam forums works just as well as the search here, I typed Stalker invalid cd key in the search box on the steam forums and in google and the first thing that came up was a solution to fix it. So my question is this, how is it that in less than 5 seconds we could find a solution to this problem yet you couldn't find a solution in I believe you said 2 hours? Where the hell were you searching?