AMD1090T Efficient Cooling in "small" case

heimdal

Hi.

I'm new to the forum.

I've a coolig problem with my overclocked AMD1090T.

I've a PC made by the following components:

- CPU AMD 1090T (overclocked at 3.8 GHz)

- CPU Cooler ArcticCooling Extreme (with 12" fan)

- MB ASUS Crosshair IV Formula

- RAM 4x2 GB Corsair 1600 MHz

- SSD OCZ Agility 120 GB SATAIII

- HD WD Scorpio Black 3.5" 1 TB SATAII

- Case Cooler Master Silencio 550 (with 3xCoolerMaster Balde Master 12" Fans)

In idle my CPU stays at 40° C, after 1 hour test with Prime95 reaches 62° C. I think the temperatures are high.

I'd like to replace the CPU cooler with something more efficient but I've a height problem since inside the CM Silencio 550 you can install heatsink with max height of 14.5 cm. What could be the best cooling solution (without replacing the case) for my setup ? What about Noctua NH-U9b SE2 or Corsair Hydro Series H60 ?

Thank you for your help.

I am a huge fan of the self contained liquid cooling systems and do not think you can wrong with an H60 or 620. However looking at your case and cooler I would say the case is more likely the culprit. The cooler you have looks like it is more than capable of handling the CPU and your temps while a bit high are not that bad. I am betting you have Cool n Quiet turned off and are set for using smart fan to control the fan speeds.

Remember that while Prime 95 is great for pushing your system it is no were near an accurate reflection of what your CPU temps will do under load during say a heavy gaming session. I really think based on looking over your setup that you would only see a minor temp drop if any and would not bother. If the system is not throttling then you should be okay.

Edited by ComputerEd

you need more case air flow... I would think about modding a couple 120mm fans in the floor of that case or go with water cooling as C-Ed has said.

I use a Zalman 9700cnps on my 1075t and the max temps haven't been any higher than your idle temps...even with the Fan profile set in the BIOS to Medium the fan usually never ramps up and when it does it needs cleaned...

I'd personally go with the H60 since, like dr_bowtie said, you have a limited airflow on your case. Bear in mind though the H60 could often be very loud.

Personally I'd get a better and quiter fan like the Noctua fans (full speed at 12V, can barely be heard) and use the included Corsair fans for the case (at 5V).

I use the Antec Kuhler H20 620 in push/pull (though through the front case fan as exhaust) in my gf's rig that has a 1090T. At 3.8GHz, it's fine, but higher than that, it gets hotter than it should. I think the front of the case doesn't have enough free flow in order to dissipate the heat of the warm air from the radiator.

I'd use the CM Hyper 212+ in push/pull. It did an incredible job on my old 1090T at 4.0GHz.

• 2 weeks later...

I use the Antec Kuhler H20 620 in push/pull (though through the front case fan as exhaust) in my gf's rig that has a 1090T. At 3.8GHz, it's fine, but higher than that, it gets hotter than it should. I think the front of the case doesn't have enough free flow in order to dissipate the heat of the warm air from the radiator.

I'd use the CM Hyper 212+ in push/pull. It did an incredible job on my old 1090T at 4.0GHz.

Hi.

I've bought and tested the Corsair Hydro Series H60 but the results were really bad. In this moment I've installed the Xigmatek Loki (in push/pull configuration) that keeps 39° idle and 62° under full load.

Unfortunately the CM Hyper 212+ is not compatible with my case size therefore I've ordered the Zalman CNPS 10X Performa and two Noctua NH-F12 PWM fans that could fit my case size.

I'll keep you posted and thanks to everybody for the feedback and suggestions.

Bye,

NIKO.

Ambient temps?

How much TIM?

CPU voltage?

Is it mounted with the correct pressure?

Are you using some for of cool and quiet?

More info please.

A push/pull h60 should destroy the accelero and the zalman for CPU cooling.