i5 2500k Vcore max and max temps for 24 hour usage.?

DrDigitized2

I am configuring my computers Max OC and I just wanted to make sure I dont use to much Voltage and that I dont get it to hot. The research I have done has been all over the place. I am using the F-Stream Tuning that came with my Fatal1ty Mobo from AsRock. So far I have the core speed at 4200 and my Vcore is 1.296 with a max temp of 53C running on Prime. I understand that I can probably drop my Vcore manually and still keep my performance.

Also Why are my temps so varied? This is the max I have right now for all for temps. 44C 45C 53C 50C

Any info would help alot. Thanks

Most 24/7 overclockers don't go higher than 1.47V's. Usually the best voltage per overclock is around 1.38V's that will get most 2500K's up to 4.8GHz. Usually 4.9 or 5.0GHz will require up to 1.47V's, so it's not really worth it.

Temps is Tmax at 72.5C, which gives a leeway of anywhere from 6C - 12C over that in Core Temps.

The computer did NOT like 4800. BSOD killed it and I had to go into the bios to fix it. Well I know my max Bus speed is 105.0 Anything higher and the computer restarts. The max multiplier is 47. So now I just have to tweak those until I get it just right. Going by the OC guide if I had to sacrifice the Bus or the Multiplier I should lose some of the multiplier. Let me know if I got that wrong.

I agree with Capitan. I bumped my FSB up to 100.1, just so that it wouldn't read 99.9 MHz anymore (bothered the hell out of me), but otherwise go through multiplier. Right now, my Fatal1ty board has my 2500k at 4.7 GHz at 1.33v, which is pretty nice. Did you get the P67 Professional?

I agree with Capitan. I bumped my FSB up to 100.1, just so that it wouldn't read 99.9 MHz anymore (bothered the hell out of me), but otherwise go through multiplier. Right now, my Fatal1ty board has my 2500k at 4.7 GHz at 1.33v, which is pretty nice. Did you get the P67 Professional?

I got the Z68 one. I know what you mean about the 100.1 Mine had the same problem. I got my 2500k at 4.8 stable at 1.328v. I dont think I want to bother forcing it to go harder. My highest temps are at 53C. When I played WoW on ultra it only got to 33C.

Thanks Captain for the help. I got what I could out of your guide. So far I am stable and I dont want to push it harder right now. Maybe later if you all think I should.

I will say, as far as tuning utilities goes, I REALLY LIKE F-Stream. I've never been one for in-windows tuning, but it's actually my favorite by far, and I used it for my overclock.

With Captains help in his guide I was able to get it to 4800 instead of 4700. I might even be able to get it farther if I knew what I was doing. But if you dont mind a little loss for of performance then I would go with the F-Stream utility. It is so easy for peace of mind. And for someone like me who never OC in the bios it is so easy. I am very pleased with this board. I would buy it again if I had to do it all over again. I cant wait until I get a game worthy of it installed. Sadly WoW on ultra doesn't do it. But it does make my Video card work hard and I have a AMD HD 7950. Later I will learn to OC that bad boy.