Can you laugh hard enough?

SpeedCrazy

Well if any of the male killer wales gets a female knocked up I have a good lawyer for them to decide who gets custody.

Also, of the female wants to have an abortion I suppose there is a lawyer for that too.

I side with PETA, animals should have the same rights as humans , especially married ones.

Well if any of the male killer wales gets a female knocked up I have a good lawyer for them to decide who gets custody.

Also, of the female wants to have an abortion I suppose there is a lawyer for that too.

I side with PETA, animals should have the same rights as humans , especially married ones.

Yeah this is definitely advertised poorly. They have a legitimate case though.

Basically what this is is PETA manufactured a loop hole in which to free animals from captivity. Green Peace did this a while back but they used the Geneva convention.

All this is is PETA is saying well if our protests wont change you mind, maybe our lawyers will. The idea that these creatures are self aware means that they get the same rights as humans which means they can appeal in court that animals (non human humans) in captivity is a direct violation of the 13th amendment.

It isn't so much crazy as it is clever. Sort of reminds me of something Dr. Who would do. Get your way by coming up with a ridiculous two hundred step plan just to stick your enemy with some BS just so that you can liberate a a group of beings less fortunate than yourself. Of course I would support the effort more if he

DrWho03BBC070411.jpg

was leading it rather than this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRSLQu-d6ZQ&feature=related

:rofl:

i dont get how it is socially except able to consume Cow , Chicken , Pork , Fish , Lamb ect.

but others are not dog cat monkey ect. now i am not saying i eat or want to eat those animals.

my point is a life is a life no matter how society views it.

its either all or nothing

these people are all up in arms over a whale being a slave but keep there dog on a leash or eat chicken

all or nothing

On a more serious note, maybe all of these academia should focus on procuring and ensuring those rights for every member of the human race before they go chasing dolphin dreams.

+1 This is messed up. If they get their way there will be a bunch of whales with more rights than probably a third of the worlds people.

But seriously, to keep an animal that big in that small of tank is just stupid. Plus I can believe it is slave labor at sea world. Not because all aquarium places that have killer whales are using them as slaves, but I don't know if any of you would remember or not, a while back I want to say green peace found that sea world was being extraordinarily cruel to Orca whales. They were starving them, beating them with god knows what, there were lacerations on them. It wasn't a pretty sight. Granted that was a while ago (I want to say in the early 1990s) but I could see animal cruelty being a factor here and slave labor would not be to far of a leap for PETA (remember it is PETA). Plus the whales obviously don't like it. Tillikum the whale has killed three trainers at sea world. He (or she?) obviously is freaking pissed. Whaling should also stop because whales are endangered animals and are crucial to the ecosystem. When whales are just taking up wayyyyyy to much space in the ocean then maybe, but we do need to let them grow back. That though is not a matter of humanism, but rather just common sense. (e.g. you don't kill all the cows, you let some live to reproduce) I pretty much agree with them (PETA) on all points. They way in which they sell it is a little.........odd. However, they are correct in their beliefs, they just need to figure out where the line is drawn before humans aren't allowed to have dog, cats, or common house hold pets.

Whaling is wrong, animal abuse is wrong. But giving them rights is not reasonable.

I have a Bible based world view so that may skew what i am saying from your point of view: I believe we are to be stewards of the earth, it is all under our dominion to use the archaism. Conservation is fine, preserving endangered species is fine, giving animals rights is not, if they were meant to be counted as our equals they would be. They are not, therefore there is no reason to pretend they are. I would put this in more biblical terms but i realize most of you would flame me off the site for that, so i am happy that this way my opinion will at-least be heard.

Edited by SpeedCrazy

I don't think I can take anything you say seriously ever again.

Then you obviously don't get what they are doing.

You guys do realize PETA is well aware they are BSing their way through this right? And that all of this is nothing more than a desperate attempt at pulling a legal Houdini on the government.

Not to mention that no where in the article does it say the PETA is trying to give the animals the right to vote or bare arms. That would be silly. All they are trying to do is get more animals out of captivity of which I agree with. And stop whaling of which I semi agree with.

The only reason I agree with whaling is because people are OVER whaling. To put things in perspective, when you hunt, there are specific hunting season. This is so that you are limited to a certain period so you don't over hunt and cripple the ecosystem. However, there isn't a whaling season, and on top of that the gestation period for whales is much longer. We are hunting whales to extinction and THAT is why I say we need to cut back. When the whales come back then maybe we can hunt them again, but we need to let them grow back in numbers otherwise we are screwed in more ways than I can count.

It isn't like PETA or I are starting a whale suffrage movement so relax Waco.

Then you obviously don't get what they are doing.

No, I see exactly what they are trying to do.

They are complete nutjobs and I'll back absolutely nothing that they are in favor of.

Here we go again.............

Nah. I'm just going to ignore it from now on. :lol:

You guys do understand we actually go into the wild. Steal animals from their habitat and put them in incredibly cramped quarters to tricks for a society which is undeserving right?

What if I went into your house, took you from your bed, brought you back to my house and told you to do tricks in my front yard so I can charge the neighbors 5 bucks per ticket to watch you.

And yes it is the same thing.

Is PETA a bit nutty, yes. However, that does not dilute their point of animal captivity (in the zoo) is wrong, and that whaling needs to stop. What exactly is so wrong with that?

It isn't crazy, it is just that they and I are not so arrogant to think that the human race was given the right at any point to capture animals for our own amusement. That is a believe that is held in mind set taught by the organization mentioned above, which ironically was never taught by the being who started the institution to begin with.

Plus, for you to say PETA is a bunch of Nut jobs, you also have to say the tea party, Green peace, and the occupy wall street are all crazy nut jobs too. They have all come up with the same legal non sense (AND YES I DO THINK IT IS NON SENSE) that PETA has to get their way. Just because you don't agree with them (PETA) does not make them better or worse than any other organization that has become so polarized that they will warp reality to suit their needs.

It is very obvious that PETA is doing some really bold things that are exactly normal, but at the same time it is closer to being the plan of a legal genius than the plan of a nut job.

I mean for you to say that PETA is a group of nut jobs is quite frankly insulting and shows just how narrow minded you are.

The worst part is is that now I really am starting to sound like the democratic hippy Mother Teresa of OCC.