Macro shots with my new camera

Guest ajmatson

My Sony DSC-W530 is pretty good for macro. Can play with quite a few more iso and focus as well as flash settings than most PnS cameras. It is speced to a focal length down to 4cm however my own finding find I can still focus it much closer.

They have gotten better in the last couple years, but you still cant really put a subject in focus like you can with a decent DSLR and lens. I've wanted to get a NEX-5N but I simply can't justify the cost of the body plus lens over a superzoom like a HX-100V or something similar. I like to take pictures but I don't do it enough to need a great camera.

They have gotten better in the last couple years, but you still cant really put a subject in focus like you can with a decent DSLR and lens. I've wanted to get a NEX-5N but I simply can't justify the cost of the body plus lens over a superzoom like a HX-100V or something similar. I like to take pictures but I don't do it enough to need a great camera.

I want a DSLR however I can never justify it unless I am willing to spend the right amount of money on it. Last time I considered getting a DSLR I ended up drafting up a list of parts for a htpc which I went ahead and bought.

I can make my POS PnS work well for some decent enough macro shots but it useually takes a couple shots to get the right shot. Although it is working for now and a quality DSLR will just have to wait till another time and more money.