side discussions from other thread

Coors

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Legal or illegal...would it have made a difference for them? Can you say for certain with or without smoking weed their self responsibility for themselves would be any different? Theres alcoholics that ruin their lives too but theres also people that can drink socially just fine and have jobs, families, success...

True I understand there are those. I will admit though. I'm not sure why alcohol is legal to begin with. Its fun to drink but I have too much to loose so I refuse to get involved with it at all as it about cost me everything back in the day. And giving it to young kid who have no responsibility, accountability or logical though of right and wrong. Its like giving monkeys razorblades. It does not end well.

But maybe I didn't explain enough as what I have had to watch in my youth life.

As far as my ,once and young, friends for 3 of the 5 pot was just a gateway drugs. The first one Hit bongs and acid into insanity and irrationality. second had and OD and is dead, Third is in jail for a long time, fourth cant afford to do her own oil changes at jiffy Lube at $20 Earl change day, the fifth one is a line tech at allstar service shop... One of the Five of those people made it to adult life without Screwing themselves up entirely. Is there any other evidence you need to understand that. How about the company that keeps with most of that crap. One of those Girls had EVERYTHING looking up for her. She had about 6 months to go to be A full MD and Her deadbeat Pile of crap boyfriend introduced her to pot. Sure she did fine with that and eventually one day she tried acid with him. He handed her 6 tabs in a bundle and nearly killed her. See cannot function properly anymore Much less.

Now, Double edged sword, Medical use for pot has proven to help patients get through extreme pain when nothing else will works or there is no future for them other then death. But Heck don't take my word for it. Check out McAllen, greenville and all those other Texas Border towns that have to deal with the Drug runners. What about California and Arizona. The illegal immigrants that come with it. The crime Rate. The Drug runners with blisters under there boats that run from Cuban Islands to Florida and Louisiana to bring cocaine among other things. How about the Death toll. We loose valuable people to the war on drugs, Mexico looses lives, The USA spends HOW MUCH on keeping this stuff half way ,if that, under control.

your rebuttal?

If it was legal it wouldn't need to be smuggled. It would lose its black market value. When alcohol prohibition ended so did pretty much all Mafia income from alcohol.

And for every story about the person that smoked weed and ruined their life there is another of a person that smoked it and had no ill consequences. You could have smoked weed and still end up President of the United States. Or you could drop out of school and be a lazy welfare loser. It's all about personal responsibility. Do we want the Gov't to tell us we can't smoke weed? Or that we can't drink alcohol? Or that we can't do *insert a million other things*? I sure don't. I'd like to think that I can make my own decisions without Daddy and Mommy Gov't telling me whats best for me.

I have to disagree with the idea that it would loose its BM value.

Look at moonshine. Its still i heavy market in the southern part of the US and there is nothing stopping it. If pot does become legal and all the black market side of things will not change as Bootlegged Alcohol has never stopped.

While I agree that the black market wouldn't disappear altogether, I do think the legalization of MJ would def affect it! Although bootlegged alcohol hasn't stopped completely boinker, it is now a very tiny market! Maybe a little bigger in the south with moonshine, but here in Indiana, the only bootlegging of alcohol is done on Sundays, because you can't buy beer in my ridiculously conservative state on Sunday, except at a bar or restaurant! Currently, those laws are being challenged and petitioned here. But, as of now the only bootleg market where I live is only 1 single day a week! However, I still think the MJ black market would be bigger than the alcohol bootlegging!

I also hate when anything is to blame for anyone's life being messed up, whether its drugs, alcohol, the "wrong crowd", or whatever else EXCUSE people can come up with for why their life didn't go well! IMHO, responsibility 100% of the time falls on the individual! So if a life got "efed up" it's not the pot, or the pot that led to acid, or coke, or whatever other drug the individual took, or even the person who "introduced" it to them in the 1st place. Why? Because personal responsibility falls on the PERSON, not the external elements involved! Just my 2 cents though :)

I would have to doubt the amount of current day moonshiners is even that many to cause any serious concerns. I've never in my life met or known anyone to make or even like moonshine. I know a few people that brew their own beer but thats it. If you have any links to where there have been moonshine "gang wars" dropping bodies in a similar fashion to drug dealers and cartels i'd like to see them. If it's just some rednecks making moonshine I honestly don't really care. The Gov't would though because they're not getting their cut in taxes...

I have to disagree with the idea that it would loose its BM value.

Look at moonshine. Its still i heavy market in the southern part of the US and there is nothing stopping it. If pot does become legal and all the black market side of things will not change as Bootlegged Alcohol has never stopped.

Correct me if I am wrong but it is my understanding that moonshine is illegal?

In this circumstance is it not just like comparing different alcohols some legal and some not. Just because there are other options, legal ones, people can and still will go for illegal. Comparing them with different products you can smoke. You have all your different products some all pre rolled for you, you even have pouches of tabacco and some cigars available to you. Yet there are people that would want some of the things that are banned like chop chop, Cubans and weed.

In some ways weed is better than tabacco as in the effects on your health are different. Not getting lung cancer ect. However just like anything you can become addicted. However that is no different from nicotine and caffeine addictions. Should we contemplate banning tea and cofee?

In Trappist you can become addicted to anything. The show my strange addiction (whatever it is called) is proof of that with one subject addicted to eating plastic.

While I agree that the black market wouldn't disappear altogether, I do think the legalization of MJ would def affect it! Although bootlegged alcohol hasn't stopped completely boinker, it is now a very tiny market! Maybe a little bigger in the south with moonshine, but here in Indiana, the only bootlegging of alcohol is done on Sundays, because you can't buy beer in my ridiculously conservative state on Sunday, except at a bar or restaurant! Currently, those laws are being challenged and petitioned here. But, as of now the only bootleg market where I live is only 1 single day a week! However, I still think the MJ black market would be bigger than the alcohol bootlegging!

I also hate when anything is to blame for anyone's life being messed up, whether its drugs, alcohol, the "wrong crowd", or whatever else EXCUSE people can come up with for why their life didn't go well! IMHO, responsibility 100% of the time falls on the individual! So if a life got "efed up" it's not the pot, or the pot that led to acid, or coke, or whatever other drug the individual took, or even the person who "introduced" it to them in the 1st place. Why? Because personal responsibility falls on the PERSON, not the external elements involved! Just my 2 cents though :)

lol you can't buy beer on Sundays? What kind of religious crap is that? If they had that here I would just buy an extra case on Saturday LOL

Correct me if I am wrong but it is my understanding that moonshine is illegal?

Correct. But beer and wine is legal to brew your own. Only because liquor is taxed more heavily then beer and wine and the Gov't needs it's money to pay for the . it can't afford to spend it on in the first place.

Edited by Coors

lol you can't buy beer on Sundays? What kind of religious crap is that? If they had that here I would just buy an extra case on Saturday LOL

You need an entire cask to hold you through a single day :P:lol:

I can definitely see why such a market would exist in your area though speed. Having a lovely BBQ on a Sunday arvo with friends and it turns out you didn't have enough beer for everyone. It'd not just Jimmy go run down the store and grab a few sox packs because well ain't no store open.

In some ways weed is better than tabacco as in the effects on your health are different. Not getting lung cancer ect. However just like anything you can become addicted. However that is no different from nicotine and caffeine addictions. Should we contemplate banning tea and cofee?

Technically speaking there are differences in how you can become addicted to different drugs or substances! There are chemical addictions and mental addictions. Nicotine for example, can become a chemical addiction like cocaine or heroin, whereas weed doesn't have chemically addictive properties.

Conservative religion IS what is boils down to though! Indiana will always be the LAST to pass any kind of new proactive laws, believe that! But, like I said, many are trying to get the no alcohol sales on Sunday law changed!

I can definitely see why such a market would exist in your area though speed. Having a lovely BBQ on a Sunday arvo with friends and it turns out you didn't have enough beer for everyone. It'd not just Jimmy go run down the store and grab a few sox packs because well ain't no store open.

Nope the LQ isn't open, but I do know where the bootlegger in the hood is :lol: But, at the prices they charge for a case (usually around $40 for domestic) I can just wait until Monday :rofl:

Correct. But beer and wine is legal to brew your own. Only because liquor is taxed more heavily then beer and wine and the Gov't needs it's money to pay for the . it can't afford to spend it on in the first place.

They are called Dry counties. There are many of them around where I live but that is besides the point. Have a little respect or that statement will get you in trouble.

Anyhow. I love how that video Victimizes the people that do illegally smoke pot and how it Twists the truth of what happens to the medicinal use of MJ. Just another Bit of propaganda no better then any other one.