Far Cry 3

bp9801

Still doesn't mean you want to shoot yourself, waste ammunition from a mishap or in a stealth scenario alert your foes to your presence.

I know people who have pulled the trigger on a firearm unintentionally (thankfully no one was shot and nothing was hurt) and STILL can't grasp basic common sense.

It's a jungle...how else would he wipe the sweat off his forehead? lol And Finger stays on the trigger in case he has to react quickly! :lol:

On a more serious note at least the detail on the 1911 looks acurate.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still doesn't mean you want to shoot yourself, waste ammunition from a mishap or in a stealth scenario alert your foes to your presence.

I know people who have pulled the trigger on a firearm unintentionally (thankfully no one was shot and nothing was hurt) and STILL can't grasp basic common sense.

Have you seen the videos? That guy is psychotic. If he was a trained soldier, then I'd give that to you, but he's a psychotic killer pirate - he'd probably point the gun, finger on the trigger, at his own head just for laughs.

To be fair, I have not.

However my main goal was to point out the designers/devs inconsistency.

:thumbsup:

I don't look at it as inconsistency though. What it tells me is that there was actual thought given to where to place the trigger finger as opposed to the artists accidentally choosing the "proper" or "improper" position.

I don't look at it as inconsistency though. What it tells me is that there was actual thought given to where to place the trigger finger as opposed to the artists accidentally choosing the "proper" or "improper" position.

On the cover photo sure, but not in the other photo.

I do see it as an inconsistency, if you know enough to hold a gun like that even once then you'd know not to ever hold it any other way.

He's a psycho and its a videogame so I'm not criticizing the character.

Though my point still stands that somewhere down the line of designwork there are people who do and don't know proper firearm safety.

Not really that big of a deal. :shrug:

On the cover photo sure, but not in the other photo.

I do see it as an inconsistency, if you know enough to hold a gun like that even once then you'd know not to ever hold it any other way.

He's a psycho and its a videogame so I'm not criticizing the character.

Though my point still stands that somewhere down the line of designwork there are people who do and don't know proper firearm safety.

Not really that big of a deal. :shrug:

Well I guess I should clarify. The box art has the "proper" position, which shows foresight. The other one you posted with the improper position, I'm pretty sure that's an actual shot from within the game itself, and like I said, he's psychotic. Someone who has played the game will have to chime in, but it looks to me like a screencap from when you're introduced to him, as it's very similar to what we saw in one of the trailers, when he points the gun at his own head, while the protagonist is blindfolded. Like I said, you should really watch the trailer :P