Little Help In My MiD - Gaming Build

7oss El Leel

that's my first build

i choose some parts

after about a month or though of searching and watching 100's hours in youtube :teehee: and off course :google: alot everything

Parts I Choose

cpu: i5 2500k 3.3 GHz 6 Mb

mobo: AsRock Fatal1ty P67 Professional

ram: Gskill Sniper SR2 1600mhz 2x4GB Low Voltage 1.25 v

gpu: MSi GeForce N560GTX-Ti Hawk 950MHz 1 Gb Or AMD Radeon HD 6790 840GHz 1 Gb really confused

hdd: WD Caviar Green 64Mb 1Tb

psu: COOLER MASTER Silent Pro M600 Or SeaSonic S12II 620W

case: COOLER MASTER HAF 912 Advanced i was really looking for Storm Scout then i discover that's the space inside isn't that much also will block my 10 Sata Ports

cpu cooler:COOLER MASTER Hyper212+

Toatal: About 1K USD & 6K L.E. ( L.E. IS livre égyptienne :D Egyptian Pound )

i'll use that PC for

# Mid-Range Gaming

# Some Sony Vegas Work little Montages

and i'll overclock the CPU to 4.2 GHz or Much as You Recommend :whistling:

also i planing to host lan parties

i konw that 912 will be Hard To move unlike the Scout With The Handle

But i Already bought The Mobo :rolleyes:

Thanks 4 Ur Help

Edited by 7oss El Leel

It's a Very Solid Build.. I can't really find anything wrong with it! :thumbsup:

I think You meant the 6970 1GB. The HD6970 is a great card and is better than the GTX560Ti but I'd suggest you save your money and get the GTX560Ti instead since I don't think you'd really need a HD6970 when the GTX560Ti you've choosen is capable of playing any games at high - ultra settings in 1920x1080 resolution.

Since you already bought the Mobo, I guess you have already researched and decided that you won't need the Z68's iGPU feature then? If it's the case, I suggest looking for the i5 2550K which Intel just recently release. It has no integrated graphics which theoratically should let it OC much better. But I think you should also wait for other member's opinion on this regard.

Nevermind 4.2GHz, I'd say you'd be able to get to 4.6GHz :biggrin:

If you have some money to spare, you could look at the CM Storm Trooper. It does have a much greater price tag but I should think it's a good choice for Airflow and Mobility.

:cheers:

• Like 1

that's my first build

i choose some parts

after about a month or though of searching and watching 100's hours in youtube :teehee: and off course :google: alot everything

Parts I Choose

cpu: i5 2500k 3.3 GHz 6 Mb

mobo: AsRock Fatal1ty P67 Professional

ram: Gskill Sniper SR2 1600mhz 2x4GB Low Voltage 1.25 v

gpu: MSi GeForce N560GTX-Ti Hawk 950MHz 1 Gb Or AMD Radeon HD 6790 840GHz 1 Gb really confused

hdd: WD Caviar Green 64Mb 1Tb

psu: COOLER MASTER Silent Pro M600 Or SeaSonic S12II 620W

case: COOLER MASTER HAF 912 Advanced i was really looking for Storm Scout then i discover that's the space inside isn't that much also will block my 10 Sata Ports

cpu cooler:COOLER MASTER Hyper212+

Toatal: About 1K USD & 6K L.E. ( L.E. IS livre égyptienne :D Egyptian Pound )

i'll use that PC for

# Mid-Range Gaming

# Some Sony Vegas Work little Montages

and i'll overclock the CPU to 4.2 GHz or Much as You Recommend :whistling:

also i planing to host lan parties

i konw that 912 will be Hard To move unlike the Scout With The Handle

But i Already bought The Mobo :rolleyes:

Thanks 4 Ur Help

Your build is fairly solid. And I only have a few comments/suggestions about it.

Mobo: It is a great motherboard, but do you really want the Fatal1ty branding plastered all over your hardware?

PSU: If you are choosing between that CM PSU and Seasonic PSU, I would go for the Seasonic as they are more reputable and reliable. CM does not manufacture their own PSUs, they are produced by OEMs such as Seasonic, Enhance, and others. Personally, I would recommend either the Seasonic X series (if you are not on a budget) or the Corsair TXs (if you are on a budget).

Storage: HDD prices are sky high at the moment. You should take a look into SSDs as they are near/at the $1/GB ratio, and you will notice a big performance increase in day to day use.

Case: Have you looked into the Storm Trooper case? It is a very solid case and great for LANs.

It's a Very Solid Build.. I can't really find anything wrong with it! :thumbsup:

I think You meant the 6970 1GB. The HD6970 is a great card and is better than the GTX560Ti but I'd suggest you save your money and get the GTX560Ti instead since I don't think you'd really need a HD6970 when the GTX560Ti you've choosen is capable of playing any games at high - ultra settings in 1920x1080 resolution.

Since you already bought the Mobo, I guess you have already researched and decided that you won't need the Z68's iGPU feature then? If it's the case, I suggest looking for the i5 2550K which Intel just recently release. It has no integrated graphics which theoratically should let it OC much better. But I think you should also wait for other member's opinion on this regard.

If you have some money to spare, you could look at the CM Storm Trooper. It does have a much greater price tag but I should think it's a good choice for Airflow and Mobility.

So far the possibilities are merely rumor and speculation. Enthusiasts from multiple forums--including myself--do not believe the 2550k will fare much better than the 2500k in terms of OCing. Until I see some results, I will remain skeptical and cannot recommend it to anyone in good conscience. Sure... Some people like the OP may not need the IGP on the CPU, it is just asinine if that means they have to pay more for less. Also, it is good to note that even an Intel Rep does not believe that the 2550k will OC better than the 2500k.

The Intel® Core™ i5-2500K is the #1 selling retail chip on the market right now. Not only is the Intel Core i5-2500K our best selling retail chip but the demand for it is increasing. Over the past 2 months Online Resellers have watched them go in and out of stock because of this demand.

So to answer the needs of the customers we have released a processor that I have seen a lot of people say they want. They want this processor in a gaming system that they say will never use the IGP. They say that without the heat of the IGP you can get a better overclock on the processor. So the Intel Core i5-2550K is 100MHz faster and $10 when it is released.

There you have it. If you read between the lines, the Intel Rep doesn't believe that you can get a better overclock on the 2550k compared to the 2500k. This release was to confuse consumers into purchasing the 2550k because it was a NEWER release, and thus alleviating the demand for the 2500k. And those that wanted a 2500k without the IGP probably wanted a CPU without that feature at a lower price.

Notice how the Intel Rep uses the words "they say" instead of outright saying that you can get a better OC on the new CPU? Because they do not believe it themselves and cannot guarantee that it will perform much better than the 2500k, as the 2550k is essentially the 2500k with IGP disabled (not removed).

Edit: Crossed out my comment regarding the mobo considering OP already bought the mobo.

Edited by PremiumAcc
  • Like 1

thank you for replying

i'll buy the N560 Ti Hawk that's for sure

also the Storm Trooper Is Extremley Expensive 1100 LE

that's a lot for me HAF 912 600 LE

and the 2550K is not avaliable in The Egyptian Market Yet

Your build is fairly solid. And I only have a few comments/suggestions about it.

Mobo: It is a great motherboard, but do you really want the Fatal1ty branding plastered all over your hardware?

PSU: If you are choosing between that CM PSU and Seasonic PSU, I would go for the Seasonic as they are more reputable and reliable. CM does not manufacture their own PSUs, they are produced by OEMs such as Seasonic, Enhance, and others. Personally, I would recommend either the Seasonic X series (if you are not on a budget) or the Corsair TXs (if you are on a budget).

Storage: HDD prices are sky high at the moment. You should take a look into SSDs as they are near/at the $1/GB ratio, and you will notice a big performance increase in day to day use.

Case: Have you looked into the Storm Trooper case? It is a very solid case and great for LANs.

the 1TB is i already own it form the last PC & maybe i'll get OCZ 30Gb SSD after i finish my build

i thinking about the Corsair TX650 V2 same price as The CM M600

and about the Case As i Said The Trooper IS ver Expensive for me 1100 LE is a Lot

HAF 912 is 600 LE which is Fairly Good

So far the possibilities are merely rumor and speculation. Enthusiasts from multiple forums--including myself--do not believe the 2550k will fare much better than the 2500k in terms of OCing. Until I see some results, I will remain skeptical and cannot recommend it to anyone in good conscience. Sure... Some people like the OP may not need the IGP on the CPU, it is just asinine if that means they have to pay more for less. Also, it is good to note that even an Intel Rep does not believe that the 2550k will OC better than the 2500k.

There you have it. If you read between the lines, the Intel Rep doesn't believe that you can get a better overclock on the 2550k compared to the 2500k. This release was to confuse consumers into purchasing the 2550k because it was a NEWER release, and thus alleviating the demand for the 2500k. And those that wanted a 2500k without the IGP probably wanted a CPU without that feature at a lower price.

Notice how the Intel Rep uses the words "they say" instead of outright saying that you can get a better OC on the new CPU? Because they do not believe it themselves and cannot guarantee that it will perform much better than the 2500k, as the 2550k is essentially the 2500k with IGP disabled (not removed).

Edit: Crossed out my comment regarding the mobo considering OP already bought the mobo.

No 2550K In Egyptian Market Yet

put i'll buy the PCU after 6 week or though

maybe the 2550k will be Available

and Thanks For Great Replay Man

Oops, I forgot to recommend the Hawk for the GPU in my first reply.

Well, if you already own the HDD forget about my comment about it.

As I already stated in my first reply, it is a solid build and there is not much I would change.

And I wouldn't go for the 2550k just yet. As of now, it doesn't seem smart to purchase the 2550k over the 2500k since all you get is a 100mhz increase which is negligible considering users who purchase the K series will OC anyways, and the IGP is disabled when you use a discrete GPU, thus achieving what the 2550k purportedly does. And any Intel experts or rep can correct me if I am wrong.

Oops, I forgot to recommend the Hawk for the GPU in my first reply.

Well, if you already own the HDD forget about my comment about it.

As I already stated in my first reply, it is a solid build and there is not much I would change.

And I wouldn't go for the 2550k just yet. As of now, it doesn't seem smart to purchase the 2550k over the 2500k since all you get is a 100mhz increase which is negligible considering users who purchase the K series will OC anyways, and the IGP is disabled when you use a discrete GPU, thus achieving what the 2550k purportedly does. And any Intel experts or rep can correct me if I am wrong.

It means integrated GPU.

Edit: And yes it means Virtu won't work with that chip, El_capitan.

Thanks Man

but is The PSU is good 4 my GPU The Corsair TX650 not M

also HEC is it bad

alot of people tell me forget about it ;) just like Donnie Brasco

Thanks Man

but is The PSU is good 4 my GPU The Corsair TX650 not M

also HEC is it bad

alot of people tell me forget about it ;) just like Donnie Brasco

HEC PSUs are of average quality IMO.

My recommendations for PSUs goes as such: Seasonic, Corsair, PC Power & Cooling (not so sure about them now that they have been acquired by OCZ).

And 650W will be sufficient for your present needs.

• Like 1