e7500 problem after 3.4ghz

hi guys, i seem to be at a standstill at 3.4 ghz for my e7500... whenever i go higher my system randomly BSOD's or when i start a game up.

system specs:

windows 7 home premium 64bit

CM real power pro 650W

EP45-UD3L

e7500 2.93ghz - Xigmatek achilles s1284c

Geil black dragon ddr2-800

evga gtx560ti SC

my current bios settings:

340 x 10

dram frequency latch: 400mhz

dram multiplier: 2.00D (gives ratio of 1:1)

dram voltage: 2v

cpu vcore: 1.33xxxV

the system seems quite stable now (no BSOD/CRASHES), skyrim runs amazingly smooth at high settings but i just cant seem to get above 3.4, im trying to aim for 3.6 - 3.8 or possibly even 4ghz.

will really appreciate any help.....

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i would try stepping up the Vcore(cpu voltage)....if this doesn't work....is you pci-e locked at 100? memory speed/multiplier? have you got the got the right drivers?

as bsods used to happen to me randomly when playing games when i stepped up to 4.1ghz on my e8400....but then it turned out to be something wrong with the gpu driver...so I reinstalled it..now it runs 4.1ghz perfectly

Hi secluded. Welcome to the OCC forums.

In most cases you don't need to adjust the PCIe frequency, so set it at Auto or manually to 100 just to make sure it sticks. MCH voltage might help a little. I think default is 1.1v on your board so add .10v to whatever the default is. ICH is the southbridge and honestly you shouldn't have to over volt that at all.

Other than that I'm in agreement with most everyone else about bumping your vcore to 1.35v or so if your temps stay in check.

Just out of curiosity what kind of temp's are you seeing on your chipset?

50-54 on load, only went up to 70 with intelburn test(maximum setting)

sorry if you meant my northbridge, im not sure on that i never really got temp reading off it. my my overall motherboard temp always remains below 50

Edited by secluded

ok guys im on 3.8ghz with bios setting at 1.39v, but the weird part is on everest it reads 1.36v? which one is the true reading?

The 1.36V is probably more correct. Every board suffers from a little vDroop, some from a lot. It's a normal thing, so don't worry about it. :)

The 1.36V is probably more correct. Every board suffers from a little vDroop, some from a lot. It's a normal thing, so don't worry about it. :)

o so its ok if i set the voltage to 1.4 and above to make sure im getting enough juice to the cpu? is 1.36v enough for 3.8ghz?