Whitney Houston

ccokeman

I think that is a broad ignorant statement.

I'm not trying to start a fight but a human lost their life, have some respect.

People use drugs for more reasons than can be said. Is it wrong to use drugs? Yes. Does it make someone stupid? No.

Addictions to hard drugs can be impossible to break for some people.

People make mistakes.

Agree 100% My sister fell into drug use from hanging out with the wrong crowd, and she was one of the smartest people I've ever known. It's sad that 1 stupid mistake can cost a person everything, up to and including their life.

Is it wrong to use drugs? Yes. Does it make someone stupid? No.

Yes, it is wrong to use drugs. Yes, you are stupid if you do - but only if you dont seek rehabilitation or treatment and get rid of your addiction else death is probably inevitable

But lets not turn this into an ethics and flame debate, you are entitled to speak your mind within a certain degree

When I was young, my good friend and neighbor died while on drugs. It was his B'day and he had been partying all day and all nite on Coke,Weed, and Alcohol. When he was on his way home he was speeding outrageously on his Motorcycle , lost it and went head first into a palmtree. Needless to say it was a closed casket ceremony. 22 years old and its was over.

Whitney had a special golden voice that other singers wanted to emulate and still do. I still lay alot of the blame for her demise on to Bobby Brown.

Edited by Kwok

Yes, it is wrong to use drugs. Yes, you are stupid if you do - but only if you dont seek rehabilitation or treatment and get rid of your addiction else death is probably inevitable

But lets not turn this into an ethics and flame debate, you are entitled to speak your mind within a certain degree

:withstupid:

We all make choices to do things, we al pay the consequences if those things are bad... She did drugs, whos fault was that? Hers! She had the ability to seek help, did she? No.

Its the same thing with Drunk Drivers, I have zero sympathy for idiots who decide to drive home drunk then crash into a tree or worse another person... A few months ago a friend of my sisters flipped her car and got thrown out the bak window, she was drunk. My sister and her group of friends were so sad that she was hurt, and started doing things for her and what not. I am sorry but I have zero sympathy for that, she made a choice which was a stupid one, and now she has to live with it. She should be thankful that she is alive and didn't kill anyone else, but we all know a soon as she is back on her feat she is going to be back partying and raving it up, and likely find herself in another position to drive home drunk....

Stupid People...

• Like 1

Human beings have weaknesses, painting them with a label and dismissing them isn't helpful. Someday you too will be hoping that others understand your weaknesses, I guarantee it.

• Like 1

Drug use isn't bad. I believe what you all are thinking of is drug abuse. I myself use amphetamines(prescribed of course) to help my ADHD, but since people abuse them there's a shadow cast on it.

I also know a woman who goes to the same college as I do that was addicted to Adderall because she abused it. I've been taking them since I was 12, and have yet to feel the urge to constantly use them. It's not a drug problem; it's an abuse problem.

• Like 1

People want to blame Bobby Brown for her addiction but she had started down the path before she met him. She wanted that street cred to go along with her polished image. She had the opportunity to say NO i am sure and back away. Just the same way we all do and she made the choice to do drugs. Not one decision but a series of bad decisions contributed to her demise. It really is a shame when you have someone with that much talent.

The only one coming off as stupid in this thread is you, or at least extremely naive.

How so? Can you blame me for not wanting every media outlet spamming this 24/7 and how sad everyone is for someone who made bad choices??

Frankly everyone over-hypes these situations. Same thing with Micheal Jackson, I had to watch the media go up in flames about his death when my grandfather died only hours earlier, someone who made a bigger impact on the world than some idol that people put on their high pedestal... For weeks after that it was all about MJ this MJ that.

Now we are going to spend weeks over this whole Whitney Houston thing, is it cynical for me to call her stupid? Maybe, but it doesn't change the fact that she made a stupid decision, and paid the ultimate price in the end... Looks like another celebrity has fallen, should be a good harvest this year... (sarcasm)

I have no sympathy for Houston and I'm DVRing the Grammy's so I can skip all the tributes because frankly, I don't give a shit. I don't care about your opinion of her, but saying a blanket statement like "people who take drugs are stupid, period" is just ignorant and naive.

I have no sympathy for Houston and I'm DVRing the Grammy's so I can skip all the tributes because frankly, I don't give a .. I don't care about your opinion of her, but saying a blanket statement like "people who take drugs are stupid, period" is just ignorant and naive.

Do you think Drunk Drivers are stupid? I sure do, I don't know many people who would argue that...

Have I done stupid stuff in my life yeah, but I have learned and grown from it. I should of phrased my words differently maybe and said, "Addicts who continue to take drugs are stupid, period."

Any lose of life is tragic, and it is a shame to see someone so young go so quick, but it happens every day to ordinary people. She dosen't deserve all the special attention when ordinary people who have lived better lives and have made better choices deserve to be remembered and talked about...

Unfortunately our society has this unhealthy fascination with Celebrities.

Do I hate her as a musician "no" in fact I grew up with listening to her a lot on the radio while in the car. I have made another mistake in statements about this, I am assuming that she was still using drugs.

/shrug.