Awesome parenting

Silas13013

Children don't even understand that saying, words are swords to children, you can call a child a bad name and most certainly will hurt them, possibly kill their self-esteem if you're creative. Let's face it, you said something the wrong way and that little boy is going to grow up to be neo-nazi and probably shoot up a black bar.

So... yup, I would say it most certainly can turn into a life or death situation. :teehee:

Hahaha, well to that I say: it will only hurt a kids self-esteem if he was never whipped or spanked.

Words will hurt as person if there a softy.

1. This guy is a prick. If you made a mess you clean it up your self; that's called self responsibility. I can understand things like cleaning the gutters, but if you're too lazy to get your own damn coffee that's really sad.

2. What an over dramatic pile. Did he REALLY need to shoot the laptop? Couldn't he have just taken it away?

3. If this is his best attempt at resolving the situation, I can't even begin to imagine what else went through his head.

Capital punishment doesn't work. It only teaches the kid not to get caught.

Notice I did not say my life long goal was about the abolishment of punishment. That IS just stupid (not you but the idea). But I am talking more about spanking or physical punishment. Grounding is fine, hard labor, also fine. Punishment is a good thing. You guys might find this VERY odd coming from me, but I do strongly believe in the death penalty. Basically I believe in a punishment that fits the crime. If a kid spanks you then you can spank it. If a kid commits murder, then the kid should get the death penalty. An eye for an eye type thing. This is how I was raised, and my child hood had its dark days as well.

However, I have seen children spanked for no more than simple accidents. I mean just the other day a kid accidentally knocked over a glass of water. He wasn't messing around it was a honest accident. He was spanked very violently. I mean if the adult did that, some people might chuckle, but that would be the extent.

You guys all assume that people know where to draw the lines in punishment, and maybe you can govern yourself fairly well. However there are a TON of people out there that don't know when or where to stop.

That is why I feel like so much of this needs to end. It isn't because children shouldn't be punished (because again that IS just stupid), but I want to see it gone because so many people do take it to the point of abuse, or slave labor. Some of it is simply a means to make the adult feel superior.

You guys truly don't understand that there are far better methods to handling a situation than jumping straight to hitting kids, and that not everyone spanks or punishes their kid for justified reasons.

By the way, spanking is abuse. If your boss came in and spanked you for forgetting to take out the office trash, you would sue the crap out of him. So then the same applies for any kid.

It really sounds to me like you should be leading the crusade on bad parenting. Not spanking or whipping.

Anyone that whips there kid for spilling a glass of water isn't do it right :P so far all your examples are just examples of crappy parents that ether A) aren't punishing correctly because they don't know how or

B) are whipping or spanking there kids because they have problems (the parents) and are passing it off as "punishment" which again isn't rgiht.

But both of those cases don't make spanking or whipping wrong, they make spanking or whipping incorrectly wrong...which is sort of a double truth...whipping wrong is wrong.....my...brains....halp... :wacko:

Edited by Gr4vitas

1. This guy is a prick. If you made a mess you clean it up your self; that's called self responsibility. I can understand things like cleaning the gutters, but if you're too lazy to get your own damn coffee that's really sad.

2. What an over dramatic pile. Did he REALLY need to shoot the laptop? Couldn't he have just taken it away?

3. If this is his best attempt at resolving the situation, I can't even begin to imagine what else went through his head.

Capital punishment doesn't work. It only teaches the kid not to get caught.

Yea after the first time I got whipped, the next time I did something stupid I tried to not get caught, but inevitably got caught and whipped again. After the second whipping I said to my self "that . isn't worth getting whipped for...." and quit being a little twerp. It only teaches you to not get caught when getting caught is of little consequence.

Do you think people would still be shop lifting if the punishment for stealing a pair of pants was cutting off both your hands and eyes?

I sure as hell wouldn't risk it, no matter how much I loved the new hole ridden american eagle jeans.

Edited by Gr4vitas

All she did was write a very strongly worded face book post. Is there no sympathy or empathy from any adult for the kid?
If the Dad is telling the truth she has done that kind of thing before and was told not to do it.

So the dad ends up taking all his anger out on her laptop with a gun?
That was his way of saying that "you are not using this computer anymore, you are not even getting the possibility of even slightly having the chance to maybe even just a little bit beg for it back... because it is no longer functioning."

Would you be going on about this if he took a hatchet to the laptop instead of shooting it? or perhaps ran it over and crushed it?

I honestly don't think you would.

A few shots in a laptop, then I guess a few shots in the leg won't matter either?

• A few swings with the hatchet at the laptop, then I guess a few swings with the hatchet at the leg won't matter either?
  • A few rolls of my tires over the laptop, then I guess a few rolls of my tires over the leg won't matter either?

Okay I'm trying to be reasonable and respectable here with this debate but...when you say things like this (and with all due respect) it really upsets me and worries me that there are a LOT of people that think the same way you do.

I mean you honestly think that because someone shot up their kids laptop, the next logical step will be shooting up their kids leg? That's probably the dumbest thing (no offense to you) I've ever heard, and sadly I hear things similar to this all the time from people trying to get guns banned and other things.

I feel as though people like you and people that think the way you do really do not have a good grasp on the reality of things. I know I'm being harsh here but I really feel that way and it really scares me. It scares me that people that think that the next step from shooting your daughters laptop is shooting your daughter are the people that are going to get my guns taken away. Do you have any sense of the things that go on around you?

Noooooo no no. I am not saying that would happen at all. I am simply saying what if. I mean as it already stands, shooting up a laptop isn't exactly the most sane thing to do. I think we can both agree to that. I think it was rage based. I mean for anyone to start whipping out a gun to prove a point is a person to be watching.

So what COULD BE the next step. Basically I am saying where dose an individual draw the line if they are the type of person that goes so far as to use a gun for teaching lessons.

So by NO MEANS am I saying that is the next logical setup for a normal individual. However, you also have to give me some leeway here. I mean a guy literally blew up his house with his kids in it. Am I saying that you, I, or any normal person would take that as the next step. I most certainly am not. However, if you just look at the news today, you will see that there certainly not a lack of people that would do that as the next step. I am just concerned which side of the fence this guy is on if you understand what I mean.

Noooooo no no. I am not saying that would happen at all. I am simply saying what if. I mean as it already stands, shooting up a laptop isn't exactly the most sane thing to do. I think we can both agree to that. I think it was rage based. I mean for anyone to start whipping out a gun to prove a point is a person to be watching.

So what COULD BE the next step. Basically I am saying where dose an individual draw the line if they are the type of person that goes so far as to use a gun for teaching lessons.

So by NO MEANS am I saying that is the next logical setup for a normal individual. However, you also have to give me some leeway here. I mean a guy literally blew up his house with his kids in it. Am I saying that you, I, or any normal person would take that as the next step. I most certainly am not. However, if you just look at the news today, you will see that there certainly not a lack of people that would do that as the next step. I am just concerned which side of the fence this guy is on if you understand what I mean.

He didn't once appear to me as "raged". He was pretty calm even...

Hahaha, well to that I say: it will only hurt a kids self-esteem if he was never whipped or spanked.

Words will hurt as person if there a softy.

Well now, to be perfectly honest, with a statement like that, you kind of have me agreeing with Angel a little bit now. :lol:

I'm pretty sure spanking doesn't make a person mentally stable. :lol:

If the Dad is telling the truth she has done that kind of thing before and was told not to do it.

That was his way of saying that "you are not using this computer anymore, you are not even getting the possibility of even slightly having the chance to maybe even just a little bit beg for it back... because it is no longer functioning."

Would you be going on about this if he took a hatchet to the laptop instead of shooting it? or perhaps ran it over and crushed it?

I honestly don't think you would.

• A few swings with the hatchet at the laptop, then I guess a few swings with the hatchet at the leg won't matter either?
  • A few rolls of my tires over the laptop, then I guess a few rolls of my tires over the leg won't matter either?

You don't use a gun for that.

Quite frankly I think the girl should have been allowed to express herself. Period, end of story. I don't care how any of you rationalize what she did was being wrong, every kid needs an outlet. Certainly she would not dare express herself to her parents, that would probably be a death sentence (not literal, but figurative).

I believe that the facebook post was a cry for help, not a cry for punishment. I am very sad to see that no one but myself would be willing to as least hear the cry at all.

As for the bullet thing, you can see my post above. Basically I am questioning the dads sanity.