Awesome parenting

Silas13013

I'm all for active and disciplinarian parenting... for all the teenagers whining about their parents... lol... all I'm gonna say is, parenting was different when I was a kid, and we didn't go out rioting against the police, raiding shops and setting fire to them, and terrorising members of the public and killing other children... but all that happens now because of lax, no punishment, no teaching, namby-pamby, couldn't give a s*** parenting

So yeah, if this guy wants to teach a tough lesson in respect and consideration, so be it...

I had respect for my parents, elders and peers when I was a teenager... I wasn't a cry-baby emo or soul-less scum street urchin like so many teenagers today!

I like how this just totally stopped being about a single issue, it's just like a giant share your opinion on every little thing thread now. :lol:

I'm all for it really. As long as the mods don't mind, this is the off topic section. Post away my different minded comrades! :cheers:

I'm all for active and disciplinarian parenting... for all the teenagers whining about their parents... lol... all I'm gonna say is, parenting was different when I was a kid, and we didn't go out rioting against the police, raiding shops and setting fire to them, and terrorising members of the public and killing other children... but all that happens now because of lax, no punishment, no teaching, namby-pamby, couldn't give a s*** parenting

So yeah, if this guy wants to teach a tough lesson in respect and consideration, so be it...

I had respect for my parents, elders and peers when I was a teenager... I wasn't a cry-baby emo or soul-less scum street urchin like so many teenagers today!

My dad used to tell me how my grandpa would "whoop his and his brothers asses" when he was a kid. That was enough for me to always behave. Even when I got to be bigger than my father.

Uhm because God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve. Depends on your religion I suppose and because I am a Christian, I dont approve of it.

But lets not get side-tracked here ...

That's your belief. Many animals in nature are homosexual as well as bisexual. Are you implying that they choose to be that way...even though they are not sentient?

I honestly don't understand why anyone would condemn, dislike, or look down upon gay people at all. Other than following what some ignorant religion preaches...there's just no point to it.

I dont care about gay people, god bless em but i have an issue with gay marriage.

I do have one question which sadly will never be answered. How in the world can a man be attracted to another man? Everything else being equal(feelings and romance,etc) I will never understand it with a sane mind.

Please dont tell me it's just like a taste in food, we have wide selections of food but just two sexes. I think God had a plan for humans and it works pretty good.

If God meant for us to be gay then how would we reproduce?

Use your brain for a minute. Do you really think homosexuality is a choice? Do you really think people choose to be persecuted, looked down upon, and attacked?

What's wrong with gay marriage? It's not a religious institution in this country, so don't try to use that excuse.

That's your belief. Many animals in nature are homosexual as well as bisexual. Are you implying that they choose to be that way...even though they are not sentient?

I honestly don't understand why anyone would condemn, dislike, or look down upon gay people at all. Other than following what some ignorant religion preaches...there's just no point to it.

Probably the same reason theres still people that hate a person because of the color of their skin.

Seriously?

If parenting was really so different, so much better, when you were a kid, then why is it possible for there to be bad parents now?

Did you ever consider maybe you had good parents? Maybe you grew up in a good neighborhood? Went to a good school?

Parenting in your day really isn't much different from parenting today. The only difference is perhaps the laws. You guys seriously put too much emphasis on parenting, it also relies on the kid to be willing and able to be a decent person. I mean think about it, haven't you ever seen a family where one kid is like the perfect kid, great grades, helps out in the community, etc. Then there is another kid who is a delinquent, gets into trouble all the time? If parents really had that much influence on the matter, stuff like that wouldn't be possible.

Seriously?

If parenting was really so different, so much better, when you were a kid, then why is it possible for there to be bad parents now?

Did you ever consider maybe you had good parents? Maybe you grew up in a good neighborhood? Went to a good school?

Parenting in your day really isn't much different from parenting today. The only difference is perhaps the laws. You guys seriously put too much emphasis on parenting, it also relies on the kid to be willing and able to be a decent person. I mean think about it, haven't you ever seen a family where one kid is like the perfect kid, great grades, helps out in the community, etc. Then there is another kid who is a delinquent, gets into trouble all the time? If parents really had that much influence on the matter, stuff like that wouldn't be possible.

Remember that a lot of the "problems" facing society today have been around forever, it's just until the advent of mass media we were not too aware of it.

Probably the same reason theres still people that hate a person because of the color of their skin.

I consider them to be equally idiotic. I'm sure I'll get flack for that though.

Remember that a lot of the "problems" facing society today have been around forever, it's just until the advent of mass media we were not too aware of it.

Very true. Things that are happening today have happened for generations...now we just hear about it constantly. :lol:

That's what I was missing, I was thinking it but I'm not the best at putting all of my thoughts into words, even though I like to fool myself into thinking I am good at it. :lol:

For all of the really smart folks out there, is there any other species on the planet that mates for life and is also homosexual or bisexual? I'm asking an honest question here. The reason I ask is that most species in the animal kingdom do not engage with just a single mate for their entire life span. So my line of thought is that those species have ample opportunity to pro-create whether they engage in homosexual or bisexual behavior regardless, because they mate with multiple partners throughout the course of their reproductive years. My personal belief is that God made sexual intercourse pleasurable and desirable for every living thing that uses that medium as a means for procreation. Face it, we probably wouldn't want to have sex if it didn't feel good. And if we didn't want to have sex then obviously no-one or nothing would procreate.

Even if you are a hard core believer in evolution you have to concede that reproduction is a basic tenant of replenishing the species and furthering the evolutionary chain. If every animal that relied on sexual intercourse between the male and female of the species for reproduction, chose or was genetically predisposed to being homosexual that particular species would be extinct after the first generation.

Tomorrow I'll do some research on the the dozen or so animals that are known to mate for life, and I'll cross reference that against documented cases of homosexuality or bisexuality in that same species.

For all of the really smart folks out there, is there any other species on the planet that mates for life and is also homosexual or bisexual? I'm asking an honest question here. The reason I ask is that most species in the animal kingdom do not engage with just a single mate for their entire life span. So my line of thought is that those species have ample opportunity to pro-create whether they engage in homosexual or bisexual behavior regardless, because they mate with multiple partners throughout the course of their reproductive years. My personal belief is that God made sexual intercourse pleasurable and desirable for every living thing that uses that medium as a means for procreation. Face it, we probably wouldn't want to have . if it didn't feel good. And if we didn't want to have . then obviously no-one or nothing would procreate.

Even if you are a hard core believer in evolution you have to concede that reproduction is a basic tenant of replenishing the species and furthering the evolutionary chain. If every animal that relied on sexual intercourse between the male and female of the species for reproduction, chose or was genetically predisposed to being homosexual that particular species would be extinct after the first generation.

Tomorrow I'll do some research on the the dozen or so animals that are known to mate for life, and I'll cross reference that against documented cases of homosexuality or bisexuality in that same species.

Check fireflies and penguins. This discussion came up in on of my genetics classes and someone in the class found that there have been male penguins and male fireflies who mate for life. I also heard on the discovery channel that some type of frog has also been know to mate with the same . for life.

My next point is what does mating for life have to do with anything? I don't think you are implying that humans mate for life........at least I certainly hope not. Can you clear that up a bit?

Also, no. TONS of species will actually die after procreating. Not "ow that doesn't feel good" but "ow ...............................", and they procreate fine. Hell even the praying mantis eats her husband after having intercourse. There are too many animals that have far worse consequences for procreating than discomfort, and they are flourishing just fine. Plus Women have to go through the pain of child birth. I haven't seen that stop them from having unprotected .. So I don't know what to tell you :dunno:

I just want to ad because I think this is funny and not meant to be disrespectful in any way shape or form. Whenever I envision me arguing with you in my head. I always picture you like this guy.

I actually read your posts in his accent. It is funny how sometimes (not all the time because I do think you are a better fellow than him) you two sound alike. :lol:

Personally, I think heterosexuals and homosexuals both got it wrong. I have a friend that is bisexual and whenever anyone asks him "why?" He simply responds "Why not? I get the best of both worlds."

Honestly, you can't argue with that. It's like if someone handed you a plate full of hotdogs and another plate full of tacos and asked you choose, wouldn't you ask that person "Why can't I have both?"

Also this is coming from a heterosexual person. I believe in the idea that we're naturally like that, whatever it is that each person finds attractive, I believe comes to them naturally, not just one of the three choices being mentioned either but I don't want to cross any lines here so I'm going to leave that at that.

That's basically my reason for thinking it's natural though, if it wasn't then I can't see any reason for why each person wouldn't be bisexual.

I do have a question now though, for those of you that believe in procreation, why do you think procreation is a good thing? I mean I get the idea that if your species is going extinct, sure have a little baby boomer party but I mean when your species is overpopulating likes ours is, what exactly gives you the idea that you need to be having more kids?