Awesome parenting

Silas13013

Actually my sli 560 Asus dc-IIs are drowned out by my 212+ single fan once it hits 50% (I force my 560s to 40% with the hottest card never hitting 70C and usually sitting around 60c with 20-25 ambient in summer though I bump the cards to 45-50% if it's hot ie 25-30c ambient)

Hm.. I'll see about getting a comparison later tonight.

Someone mentioned it earlier and the dad said it himself.

The girl insulted her parents on a public medium he responded on the same medium.

The person that brought this up earlier mentioned if he insulted his parents in public ie a shopping center then they would be reprimanded in the said shopping center.

Can anyone here say they have never broken anything? Has anyone here not wanted to well wantonly destroy something to either release anger or to prove a point?

He proved a point as earlier mentioned there was to be no possibility whatsoever of getting the laptop back. He could have sold it ge could have dropped it he could have done many things with it but he chose gun and destruction.

I dont see anything over the top about the reaction and the girl is even perfectly alright with what happened as is not damaged in any way.

Not much left now nearly 400 posts :D

Also imagine that adults are just as worse, and that some kids to surpass them. However, as I said again, read the caps letters. I was pulling stuff out of the air for examples. There was no real connection to my beliefs.

I do however, think that everyone regaurdless of age, opcupation, color, or else wise has the potential to be full capable of making sound decisions all by themselves. I also think people have the same potential of being absolute $(*&$)(*)(*$&$)(*&^ . It can go either way. It is a very ignorant comment to say that age has anything to do with it.

Let me explain something to you mister child prodigy: Age has a lot to do with it. Most kids can't make sound decisions. Look up the meanings of child and adult.

Adult, according o the Merriam Webster dictionary, means : fully developed and mature.

Interesting, not many children are fully developed and mature. Now for child.

From the same dictionary child means: a young person especially between infancy and youth. So what does youth mean?

Same dictionary again. Youth: the period between childhood and maturity.

Ah we have a breakthrough. The period between childhood and maturity.

To put that all together: a child is a person not yet a youth and a youth is someone not yet mature or adult. So what does that tell us about children, they are not by definition mature!

Let me repeat that: Children are by definition NOT mature!

Immature people are not "capable of making sound adult decisions". I added adult to that quote because it is definitely an adult decision to choose who will rule your country, and voting is the example we are currently dealing with.

So lets translate that quote using our newly learned vocabulary shall we?

If children are immature and adults are(should be) mature age therefore is a measure of maturity. Yes? That is logical?

And adult, in the context of adult decisions, means mature.

"everyone regardless of maturity level, mature or immature, occupation, color, or else wise has the potential to be full capable of making sound mature decisions"

That is an oxymoron isn't it? Immature people making mature decisions?

for all your supposed eductaion you make some pretty messed up arguments and some twisted conclusions.

No, what I am saying is that if you are going to be rude enough to tell me that I need to take an elementary history class, I will trump you with what education you don't have. That is what I don't get. You guys say I don't know what the hell I am talking about, then I call you names. What is the difference exactly? Both are rude statements to each other. At least man up it it. Personally I would rather you just call me an idiot to me personally. But for some reason my comments are more rude because..........why? Would I have to flaunt my education in your face if you would at least give me SOME credit? No, I do not think so at least. I mean you guys want to claim you are the arbiters of what is right and what is wrong, but you are sitting here telling me I have no idea what I am talking about, so I show you I have the learnings to talk about this, and then you go back and make yourselves look like you are the victims. What the heck is wrong with that picture?

My point is that everyone can get along. Maybe not us of course..........., but I think it is within human capacity for everyone on this planet to get along as equals. I get that that is an exorbitant far fetched and almost impossible goal, but can't we at least try to achieve that? Could the dad maybe have been a bit more open minded to hear what her daughter had to say, so that they themselves could talk it out peacefully. Maybe then she wouldn't have posted this on facebook at all, and maybe the entire situation could have been solved before it had even started. In my opinion just a tiny bit of care to at least been empathetic enough to hear her side of the story could have set an example for everyone. Am I saying that it had to end in the daughter getting her way entirely? No I am not. However, maybe she could have carried out the same chores (plus or minus the coffee thing......I don't know. I am still taking that into consideration and trying to learn what that really is all about) but instead her parents could have a bit more respect. For instance, could it have been her responsibility as part of the family to do the chores rather than being (seemingly) demanded out of her? Was it so far fetched that she could have been treated as an equal member of the family so long as she does equal labor and that they could have found a peaceful resolution? I think so.

However, I do not believe for a second that this guy would have been open enough or willing enough to listen at all. In fact I think she would have been grounded again right there on the spot.

All I am saying is this

Dads right to take laptop away=OK

Dads idea to shoot it with a gun= Not ok because that is being irresponsible with a gun, and it defaces something. It was just totally pointless.

Girls right to speak out=OK. Everyone needs an outlet guys. I am sure half of the people here have one person (even if it is me) of whom they totally bad mouth behind the individuals back. We are all guilty of that. And no, age, or relationship has nothing to do with it. Disrespect is still disrespect, and I again apologize for mine to everyone except those who make comments like you need to take elementary history again.

Situation carrying on the way it has (outside of forum) : Not OK. All human beings need to be better about finding peaceful ways of handling solutions BEFORE they escalate. Just because this is a video that appeals to most parents because they all have a situation where they wish they had the balls to do that to, does not make it right.

Both the dad AND the Girl were right and wrong in some regards. I just honestly believe that no human on this planet should have to resort to something like this. Is that so wrong to believe in the potential for humans to be more diplomatic than this?

That is my personal opinion, and if you guys could cut the crap of telling me I have no idea what I am talking about, then I won't have to use such @$$ hole tactics to get my points across.

I hope that seems fair to you.

I understand what you have been trying to illustrate in your previous posts, however, many of your examples/statements has presented faulty logic. I am not calling you stupid nor do I think any less of you for your opinion as I thought like you and the little girl, Hannah at one point in time. Hopefully you did not perceive me as picking on you or belittling you for your opinion. And by no means are we arbiters of what is right or wrong, we are merely presenting the perspective of the other side which you are obviously lacking.

Whether people can get along with one another remains to be seen. One thing I can tell you is that the culture/atmosphere in the US is more toxic than some other countries, it seems to me that there is more tension/hate/whatever you want to call it on a whole between people of different color/race/ethnicity/and so on than other countries.

BTW, you invalidated your point of "everyone being able to get along" with the statement of "maybe not us of course."

Lets face it, the teenager probably could not be reasoned with as they tend to be selfish and narrow minded (only thinking of themselves). Lets see a show of hands who were inconsiderate and ungrateful of their parents when they were younger. Don't be shy.

I hope you are not suggesting that the parents could ask the child if he/she could do the chores. Even when parents ask if certain chores could be done, it generally implies that the child HAS to do it. Does it make a difference if a parent say "can you please do x?" instead of "please do x"? With either utterance, the parent is demanding that x be done.

"Dads idea to shoot it with a gun= Not ok because that is being irresponsible with a gun, and it defaces something. It was just totally pointless." This has been talked to death already. Does it matter what method he used to destroy the laptop? Why are we still dwelling on this issue? Also, can you please elaborate on how it was irresponsible use of a gun (ie. what constitutes a responsible use of a weapon, such as a firearm)? It was not pointless, there was a point to the destruction of the laptop and you obviously do not get it.

"Girls right to speak out=OK" Indeed she has the right to voice her selfishness, but on a public medium such as the internet is asking for trouble. If she had done it in privacy, such as in a diary, I doubt it would have elicited the same reaction from her father.

Also, I think you previously mentioned about the father being strict. Sometimes that can be a good thing, as children prey on the weak, and stern figures can instill some discipline into the child.

No, what I am saying is that if you are going to be rude enough to tell me that I need to take an elementary history class, I will trump you with what education you don't have. That is what I don't get. You guys say I don't know what the hell I am talking about, then I call you names. What is the difference exactly? Both are rude statements to each other. At least man up it it. Personally I would rather you just call me an idiot to me personally. But for some reason my comments are more rude because..........why? Would I have to flaunt my education in your face if you would at least give me SOME credit? No, I do not think so at least. I mean you guys want to claim you are the arbiters of what is right and what is wrong, but you are sitting here telling me I have no idea what I am talking about, so I show you I have the learnings to talk about this, and then you go back and make yourselves look like you are the victims. What the heck is wrong with that picture?

My point is that everyone can get along. Maybe not us of course..........., but I think it is within human capacity for everyone on this planet to get along as equals. I get that that is an exorbitant far fetched and almost impossible goal, but can't we at least try to achieve that? Could the dad maybe have been a bit more open minded to hear what her daughter had to say, so that they themselves could talk it out peacefully. Maybe then she wouldn't have posted this on facebook at all, and maybe the entire situation could have been solved before it had even started. In my opinion just a tiny bit of care to at least been empathetic enough to hear her side of the story could have set an example for everyone. Am I saying that it had to end in the daughter getting her way entirely? No I am not. However, maybe she could have carried out the same chores (plus or minus the coffee thing......I don't know. I am still taking that into consideration and trying to learn what that really is all about) but instead her parents could have a bit more respect. For instance, could it have been her responsibility as part of the family to do the chores rather than being (seemingly) demanded out of her? Was it so far fetched that she could have been treated as an equal member of the family so long as she does equal labor and that they could have found a peaceful resolution? I think so.

However, I do not believe for a second that this guy would have been open enough or willing enough to listen at all. In fact I think she would have been grounded again right there on the spot.

All I am saying is this

Dads right to take laptop away=OK

Dads idea to shoot it with a gun= Not ok because that is being irresponsible with a gun, and it defaces something. It was just totally pointless.

Girls right to speak out=OK. Everyone needs an outlet guys. I am sure half of the people here have one person (even if it is me) of whom they totally bad mouth behind the individuals back. We are all guilty of that. And no, age, or relationship has nothing to do with it. Disrespect is still disrespect, and I again apologize for mine to everyone except those who make comments like you need to take elementary history again.

Situation carrying on the way it has (outside of forum) : Not OK. All human beings need to be better about finding peaceful ways of handling solutions BEFORE they escalate. Just because this is a video that appeals to most parents because they all have a situation where they wish they had the balls to do that to, does not make it right.

Both the dad AND the Girl were right and wrong in some regards. I just honestly believe that no human on this planet should have to resort to something like this. Is that so wrong to believe in the potential for humans to be more diplomatic than this?

That is my personal opinion, and if you guys could cut the crap of telling me I have no idea what I am talking about, then I won't have to use such @$$ hole tactics to get my points across.

I hope that seems fair to you.

I am the one who said something about the elementary history class not Niko! Also, since you incorrectly quoted what I said I will help you out with exactly what I said again:

Multiple times in this thread you have commented on a particular race, sex, or religion. and the struggles they had to deal with, sometimes 100+ years ago.....wtf does this have to do with this thread or 21st century parenting? I can easily answer this....NOTHING! At least try to stay on topic with your points Tjj ;)

Waco says "Nothing will come in time, he did nothing wrong" about the teenage girls father, do you really think the government 100+ years ago said the same thing as Waco is saying about this topic about the Africans? :doh: I'm so efing confused :lol: I know that you got your Bachelor's degree when you were like 9 Doogie Howser, but did you ever take an elementary US History class?

So as you can clearly see, I did not say you need to take the elementary history class. But, because your correlations between what this father did here and the slaves, women, jewish, and every other RIDICULOUS comparison over the last 30 pages or so of this thread you have made....I had to ASK! Maybe, instead of asking if you had taken the elementary history class, I should have asked why you either forgot about everything you learned or why you just choose to make "special" comparisons between this father and completely unrelated things that have happened in our history!

Now, let's get back to this alleged education you have Doogie :whistling: I assure you, with all of the "special" comments you have made on this thread, you yourself have buried your own grave on the opinions of how educated you are....in reality that is! So it is highly doubtful that you will be able to "trump" anything on this matter :whistling:

You also say this dad was not "open" enough ( I think you may have meant open-minded) or willing to listen to his teenage daughter????? WTF are you talking about? It seems to me that all he did was listen to exactly what her little disrespectful @ss said! Then he made a choice to correct the lack of respect problem that he was facing as a father! Also, you must have missed all the stories (even linked on this very thread) where she is doing just fine in her deserved punishment!

Let me explain something to you mister child prodigy: Age has a lot to do with it. Most kids can't make sound decisions. Look up the meanings of child and adult.

Adult, according o the Merriam Webster dictionary, means : fully developed and mature.

Interesting, not many children are fully developed and mature. Now for child.

From the same dictionary child means: a young person especially between infancy and youth. So what does youth mean?

Same dictionary again. Youth: the period between childhood and maturity.

Ah we have a breakthrough. The period between childhood and maturity.

To put that all together: a child is a person not yet a youth and a youth is someone not yet mature or adult. So what does that tell us about children, they are not by definition mature!

Let me repeat that: Children are by definition NOT mature!

Immature people are not "capable of making sound adult decisions". I added adult to that quote because it is definitely an adult decision to choose who will rule your country, and voting is the example we are currently dealing with.

So lets translate that quote using our newly learned vocabulary shall we?

If children are immature and adults are(should be) mature age therefore is a measure of maturity. Yes? That is logical?

And adult, in the context of adult decisions, means mature.

"everyone regardless of maturity level, mature or immature, occupation, color, or else wise has the potential to be full capable of making sound mature decisions"

That is an oxymoron isn't it? Immature people making mature decisions?

for all your supposed eductaion you make some pretty messed up arguments and some twisted conclusions.

OH SNAP! Speedcrazy busted out a dictionary definition. Uh oh...

Edited by PremiumAcc

No real rush I haven't even seen the cooler as available yet in aus which sucks.

If you are interested, I could order it for you and ship it to you. I have seen the crazy prices you post so if that ends up being cheaper, give me a shout out and I'll make it happen.

I think I will have to go with a very early observation on a different thread that may sum up this entire thread.......we have yet again been trolled! This based entirely off of the unbelievable comparisons made about this father and the struggles of different races, sexes, and religions of people in history!

I mean he shot a laptop to teach his teenage daughter a lesson, like it or not.....it is just that efing simple!

I don't really want to be involved with this thread anymore than the one post I made, but I just can't help myself. :P

TJ, People shoot stuff with guns all the time, that's kind of the point. Including computer hardware: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY5kzDSDv64&feature=related

Shooting at targets isn't considering defacing targets, if someone wants to shoot at an expensive, laptop shaped target, who cares... It's there money. :lol: