The ultimate free for all about cars

Tjj226_Angel

Well if those STS systems are really as bad as you say, what I'd really love to do is get a Dodge Charger R/T AWD w/ 5.7L Hemi V8 and work this sucker into it ;)

http://www.shophemi.com/p-2275-57-hemi-based-custom-long-block-and-arrington-supercharger.aspx

They aren't bad at all. Tjj really just doesn't know what he's talking about.

That was actually Puck who I was replying to. I still have a long way off until I actually buy the thing, I'm not buying it until they put a decent transmission in it :lol:

So I have tons of time to think about it, and I have a little turbo vs super list going:

Turbo

- More fuel efficient, works off exhaust

- Typically boosts stronger

- Only boosts well at higher RPM's, little effect at low RPM's

- Remote mount eliminates the need for the intercooler, but also decreases the pressure that will be spooling it (can be made better by having better bearing turbos)

- Can mount dual turbos

Roots Style Super

- Less fuel efficient

- Less boost

- Boosts consistently over all RPM's

- Does not require intercooler as it doesn't generate massive heat

- Limited to only one super

Well if those STS systems are really as bad as you say, what I'd really love to do is get a Dodge Charger R/T AWD w/ 5.7L Hemi V8 and work this sucker into it ;)

http://www.shophemi.com/p-2275-57-hemi-based-custom-long-block-and-arrington-supercharger.aspx

Edelbrock has superchargers that will fit under the stock hood, not sure if those do or not...

Edelbrock has superchargers that will fit under the stock hood, not sure if those do or not...

Well, I'd probably get a modified hood with a scoop if I went that way ;)

Though, if I can get a good screw-type super that would probably be best

Wanna race? I am still waiting for an answer, but I think you are still too scared to take on a BMW or a Subaru WRX (depending on which one matches the price point of your Cobalt SS)

Considering so far all I have seen are non SS models I have no idea what the price point is. Private sellers put the price all over the place. I have no clue where to even base my prices from. I have literally seen a cobalt for 5K and I have seen one for 25K. I have no freaking clue what car to chose. I know the beamer can beat you, I just think it would be a very close race because of the weight. I am still looking for a good Z4 though. Once I find that then we can REALLY race. :biggrin:

I have no freaking clue

Quote of the day right here. Do you even have your license yet? Might want to have a license and a car before asking people if they want to race. And don't use mommy or daddy's car either.

Quote of the day right here. Do you even have your license yet? Might want to have a license and a car before asking people if they want to race. And don't use mommy or daddy's car either.

...... Should really get around to getting my car then :lol:

Then Dad can have his POS back.

I do? Misquoting is so unbecoming of you coors. :P

Wanna race? I am still waiting for an answer, but I think you are still too scared to take on a BMW or a Subaru WRX (depending on which one matches the price point of your Cobalt SS)

Considering so far all I have seen are non SS models I have no idea what the price point is. Private sellers put the price all over the place. I have no clue where to even base my prices from. I have literally seen a cobalt for 5K and I have seen one for 25K. I have no freaking clue what car to chose. I know the beamer can beat you, I just think it would be a very close race because of the weight. I am still looking for a good Z4 though. Once I find that then we can REALLY race. :biggrin:

Scared to race? Seriously?

Have you EVER done any sort of organized race? :lol: You continue to talk about Bimmers as if they're magical or something. Unless you find an M3 for whatever pointless price limit you've set you're going to get your arse handed to ya (assuming you're a good driver).

Edited by Waco