PSU DOA?

Thanks for all the help guys. I shipped it to newegg today. It was easy accept for the fact that instead of shipping it threw UPS(nearest one is 60 Miles away) I shipped it USPS parcel post. They cost the same but I did not want to drive 60 miles on top of spending 15 bucks to return it. I am calling newegg tomorrow and asking for some kind of compinsation. When you spend 2+k in one day you expect to be treated with respect.

You do realize 2K is a pittance to newegg right? Especially when you compare your build to a lot of companies that buy from them in bulk. I mean you might get something, it is worth a shot at least, but don't expect jack s***.

I wish you luck in your endeavor.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 Yikes!. RMA and manufacturer experience is on a 'must' or exhaust all other options. Average turn around 9 weeks +/- including one from DFI that never did show up. don't think I will have 33 RMA's in my life. This is reminding me of the PSU return thread of the other day. :lol: better luck in the future Angel.

No, not on my build alone. More like my build, my moms laptop, my sisters laptop, my friends PC parts, and the family PC.

The last 3 RMAs were totally my fault. I was rushing and I did the one thing everyone tells you not to do and I tried forcing parts together. Other than that, I really am that unlucky. Either that or our electrician who wired the house sucks something terrible.

I think my turn around time also has something to do with the way I handle RMAs. I always call and as soon as someone tries to put me off, I just ask for their manager. I just say look, I have warranty and you will honor it. Stop .*ing around and get me my RMA.

They are always quick to avoid confrontation so I get my stuff pretty quick. I am just not going to put up with corporate BS and they know that very well. They initiate the RMA on the phone, I send in my package, I give them the tracking number, they send me my replacement.

Cooler master has me on file if you catch my drift :P;)

And quite frankly it isn't wrong or bad advice at all. I have come home from Microcenter with brand new products that were DOA and I went through the manufacturer right then and there. I mean he is not dealing with antec or Rosewill, he would be going through seasonic. The customer support was very good to me and got me a quick turn around. So quite honestly, no. Just because in your world RMAs suck, dose not mean that it is the same for everyone. Quite frankly, if RMAs were that bad for you, I would stop buying from whoever you are buying from and start buying Asus, corsair, intel (only because they now have a 30 dollar extended warranty that covers overclocking :woot: . I am not starting any flame wars ). Asus provide free 2 way shipping, corsair is a close second in customer support, and intel is well.....intel. There are nor Asus CPUs unfortunately.

I mean the way I read it, Newegg can take up to 30 days for a turn around. I am sure there are people who only go through the manufacturer because of a bad RMA expierience with newegg. So basically the OP can take my advice or your advice. Neither one is going to be right or wrong, as much as it will just be a different experience. Seasonic got me a PSU back to me in about 7 business days. You claim they will take a lot longer, but it really all depends. I personally would rather have something replaced with something fresh off the product line and risk having it being replaced with potentially another DOA product due to a bad batch shipment to Newegg. Thats just me though.

Hey guys, Just wanted to let you know that I called newegg and told them that as a customer paying 2+k and getting a bad item then being expected to pay to return it to them was not ok. I said that I didn't think I should be treated this way. It took all of 30 seconds on the phone and they are going to reimburse me my shipping cost. All I have to do is e-mail my receipt of the shipping cost to them. Just thought I would let you all know so you can do the same if need be.

Thanks for all the help guys. I shipped it to newegg today. It was easy accept for the fact that instead of shipping it threw UPS(nearest one is 60 Miles away) I shipped it USPS parcel post. They cost the same but I did not want to drive 60 miles on top of spending 15 bucks to return it. I am calling newegg tomorrow and asking for some kind of compinsation. When you spend 2+k in one day you expect to be treated with respect.

They should have provided you a return shippig label. I received a DOA intel motherboard in January and they emailed me a pre paid shipping return label.

If I spend money (money is instantly charged to my account) and I receive a defective product a week later then have to pay to ship it back to them , I'd gladly do my business elsewhere next time I need some hardware.

It's always a good idea to call them up. They will always do something whether it is issuing a store credit or something

Edited by Kingfisher

Hey guys, Just wanted to let you know that I called newegg and told them that as a customer paying 2+k and getting a bad item then being expected to pay to return it to them was not ok. I said that I didn't think I should be treated this way. It took all of 30 seconds on the phone and they are going to reimburse me my shipping cost. All I have to do is e-mail my receipt of the shipping cost to them. Just thought I would let you all know so you can do the same if need be.

Wow. Way do go DD :thumbsup:

I am actually seriously surprised that they even thought about it. Good on you for standing up to "the man" :cheers:

Wow. Way do go DD :thumbsup:

I am actually seriously surprised that they even thought about it. Good on you for standing up to "the man" :cheers:

Newegg always does this - all you have to do is ask.

Newegg always does this - all you have to do is ask.

Really? One guy at microcenter said he asked and got a no. Another one from the place I was working at said newegg said they can't do that.

If THAT is the case, then I need to try this one out for myself.