PSU DOA?

Just so you know the Seasonic X Series power supply cooling fan will not start up until approximately 20% DC load.

.........yes. When I said fans I meant like case fans. If the 12v molex connectors won't power some simple case fans on, then you know you have an issue.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.........yes. When I said fans I meant like case fans. If the 12v molex connectors won't power some simple case fans on, then you know you have an issue.

I'm not saying you didn't know but I thought I'd just make it clear. ;)

Check your contents inside the box to see if seasonic wants you to go through them for RMAs.

Personally, I don't see the difference between newegg and seasonic, and with seasonic you don't pay a restocking fee.

In case you don't know there are no restocking fees from new egg if it's a faulty product, and they will get a new one to the op a lot faster than the manufacturer. Have you not dealth with them before.?

Check your contents inside the box to see if seasonic wants you to go through them for RMAs.

Personally, I don't see the difference between newegg and seasonic, and with seasonic you don't pay a restocking fee.

You aren't going to pay a dime if you deal with newegg. They will replace his DOA PSU , issue him a pre paid shipping label and pay for shipping of his new unit back to him. They will also e a lot faster than seasonic. This is a huge difference.

Situations like this are the main reason I buy from newegg. They won't mess around and will make sure customers are satisfied.

In case you don't know there are no restocking fees from new egg if it's a faulty product, and they will get a new one to the op a lot faster than the manufacturer. Have you not dealth with them before.?

Ok, that is what I thought, but as I was going through the return policy it all seemed like they wanted a restocking fee. I did think it was weird to charge a restocking fee for things that weren't going to be restocked........

Sorry though, my bad.

And no, I only do RMAs through the manufacturer.

Ok, that is what I thought, but as I was going through the return policy it all seemed like they wanted a restocking fee. I did think it was weird to charge a restocking fee for things that weren't going to be restocked........

Sorry though, my bad.

And no, I only do RMAs through the manufacturer.

Hes not doing a return. Hes doing warranty work !!

And if you only deal with the manufacturers 100% of the time then your nuts. This is why these companies have 30 DOA's.

I bought a kit of OCZ ram from newegg. 1 stick was bad. Sent it back to newegg, they resent me a new kit. Total time 8 days. 4 there 4 back. Now if i went to OCZ (which i have in the past) it takes 5-7 days just to get a RMA sometimes. Then get time to ship there. 4-5 days. Week or so for them to look at it, maybe more. ( 1 month one time). Then they ship back 2 days.

So mega down time going through the manufacturer all the time.

This may sound stupid, but did you try to flip the power switch on the back of the PSU? I know I've thought I've had a faulty PSU before, and was pissed for an hour until I realized. I also know a good amount of people on this forum have made the same mistake.

Hes not doing a return. Hes doing warranty work !!

And if you only deal with the manufacturers 100% of the time then your nuts. This is why these companies have 30 DOA's.

I bought a kit of OCZ ram from newegg. 1 stick was bad. Sent it back to newegg, they resent me a new kit. Total time 8 days. 4 there 4 back. Now if i went to OCZ (which i have in the past) it takes 5-7 days just to get a RMA sometimes. Then get time to ship there. 4-5 days. Week or so for them to look at it, maybe more. ( 1 month one time). Then they ship back 2 days.

So mega down time going through the manufacturer all the time.

???????????? I did an RMA with OCZ. It took me 30 minutes, I sent the bad drive the next day and three days later I got a new drive back.

This has been the case with most of my RMAs. The longest ever RMA I had was with antec with 3 weeks turn around. I never bought from them again, but that is THE absolute worst. Normally my RMAs are about 5-10 days. With Seasonic I have had one person with a DOA PSU. It was probably some cheap 30 buck PSU. I dealt with seasonic on his behalf and I shipped the PSU, gave the seasonic people my tracking number which was activated a day later, and they sent me the new PSU. Total turn around was 5 days if you don't count the night I was on the phone with them.

I literally have had no such experience with RMAs in my life the way you describe them as. That is why I am saying go to the manufacturer. If my experience is abnormal than sure go to newegg. :dunno:

Hook up a few fans to some molex connectors and use the paper clip trick. Turn on your PSU and the fans should start up. if not, probably DOA. Good thing seasonic customer support is nice :biggrin:

+1, paperclip trick FTW. no.gif

Oh and I forgot to mention the great support over at SeaSonic. This is what I wrote. Hi. I just bought your SS-1250XM Active PFC F3 from Newegg. I hooked it up to my computer and I it did not work. I then disconnected it from my computer and tried to turn it on. It still did not work. Finally I tried using a different power plug and still nothing. I would like to exchange it for a new one. Plus I gave them my S/N

This is the great msg I got back.

Hi Mark,

Are you in the USA?

Regards,

Walter

I then sent my address and I have yet to hear back from them. So I think I am going with newegg on the RMA. Unless SeaSonic offer to have it shipped to and from for free Same goes for newegg.

Ok I know you guys say that I dont have to pay a restocking fee but do I have to pay shipping to return defective products? I mean its 15 bucks.

They did this to me once, and I called the 800 # and complained so they gave me $25.00 coupon # to use off my next purchace. The shipping on my item was only $12.00 so I was in money when it was all done.Try it, give them what for.:thumbsup: