My First attempt.

Richard89

Just to set things straight here.... the 5670 you had in the beginning had 400 shader processors each running at 775MHz (can overclock to about 900), with 800MHZ memory over a 128bit interface (12GB/s bandwith).

Total number of graphics instructions per second is 310 billion

The 7950 recomended by the forum members has 1792 shader processors each running at least at 800MHz (can overclock to 1200) together with 5000MHz memory on a 384bit interface (240GB/s) (20x more)

Total number of graphics instructions per second is 1433 billon (5x more)

all this for roughly double the price of what you where thinking of paying...

I think it's a bit more than double... hey Richard be wild and stick the fans on the outside :P

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will only be able to have 1 fan on side of case with the v8 put i can add another 1 above and thats it so id lose 1 fan with this cooler.......

To be honest there aren't many coolers that are small enough to allow you to fit both fans on the side panel, if you already have both fans I would suggest maybe putting one of them in the drive bays, like this but maybe more basic.

I think it's a bit more than double... hey Richard be wild and stick the fans on the outside

To do that you have to remove the window from the side panel and turn it the other way round then reattach it, it isn't really worth the effort tbh even though it looks cool :P

To be honest there aren't many coolers that are small enough to allow you to fit both fans on the side panel, if you already have both fans I would suggest maybe putting one of them in the drive bays, like this but maybe more basic.

To do that you have to remove the window from the side panel and turn it the other way round then reattach it, it isn't really worth the effort tbh even though it looks cool :P

I don't even know what the case looks like :P I'm sure if you're handy enough you can get the cable through one of the grills where the fan goes... or use a drill... Antec makes a PSU like that and it looks crazy... I think I'm in love :P

You might even make a stack of them XD I don't get why people who complain about GPU space just don't get one of them skeleton cases... or make the room themselves :(

They just 'leaked' rumored specs of the 600 series keplar... I guess it's not 700 anymore :lol:

I think I'll do that in the summer... either with a Dell 1995 or so case or my original Compaq case... though it's so awesome it would break my heart :( I wanna do some experimental designs for cooling and stuff... don't wanna ruin a good case though :(

http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MjIyMQ== teehee.gif

Edited by Dan The Gamer

ive been recommended the Noctua NH-D14 and Phanteks PH-TC14PE for my cpu cooler do you think ill have space issues on my case which ones better ive read that the noctuas is ment to be the best one out there

my case is the cooler master storm scout

Noctua NH-D14

Edited by Richard89

so a little update am going with everything i said on my first post but thanks to my work they underpaid me at work so i have to wait till friday to buy my processor and ram so ill be ready to build on the saturday am going to put a sape 256mb pci express graphics card in my tower for a week until i get the propper one this will give me time to install windows 7 ultimate 64bit and do the updates ill have to unistall the old graphics card for when i install the new one so hopefully fingers crossed my machine will be up and running on saturday night fingers crossed haha

Items purchased

Cooler Master Storm Scout £61.37

x 1 static Wrist band £0.99

x 1 750 corsair psu £75.00

x 2 Coolermaster SickleFLow Red LED Quiet Silent Case Fan 120mmn £12.78

x 1 Noctua NH-D14 - Processor cooler £65.95

x 1 Samsung SH-S222BB/BEBE 22x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter (Black) - OEM £23.00

x 1 ASRock Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3 £216.81

X 1 SEAGATE BARRACUDA 7200.12 1TB SATA II 3.5" DESKTOP INTERNAL HARD DRIVE 32MB 7200 £28.00

X 1 TP-Link TL-WN781ND 150Mbps Wireless PCI Express Adapter £12.07

case has been modifyed on the front for more fans and better air flow

Edited by Richard89