My First attempt.

Richard89

Nice find! I was sure a 7950 wouldn't fit.

Thanks! It took me a while to find the information for me to be able to site to know for sure that it would work.

In reality, only a few car PCBs won't fit. It is because of their coolers that makes the product a tight squeeze in his case. If anything at all, he could get pretty much any 7950 and get an after market cooler to the length of the PCB and have it fit. However, having this HIS card ready to go and install without any sort of modification at all is DEFINITELY what the OP should go with.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! It took me a while to find the information for me to be able to site to know for sure that it would work.

In reality, only a few car PCBs won't fit. It is because of their coolers that makes the product a tight squeeze in his case. If anything at all, he could get pretty much any 7950 and get an after market cooler to the length of the PCB and have it fit. However, having this HIS card ready to go and install without any sort of modification at all is DEFINITELY what the OP should go with.

i best save the card to buy on my list ill have to say the extra £150 for the card hehe but aslong as you guys say its worth the money ill get that :)

on another note my cpu cooler if i returned it and got the coolermaster v10 that would fit then wouldnt it i would save more money buying this than getting the v8 and the ram coolers as the v10 does both job.

actually forget my last 2 posts ill keep my v8 was just thinking if my ram blows am screwed cause ill have to take that off to get to it plus adding more chance to damage cpu

You really shouldn't need ram coolers, the heatsinks already on the ram should be fine :thumbsup:

You really shouldn't need ram coolers, the heatsinks already on the ram should be fine :thumbsup:

i like the flashy lights and so forth with the cooler master ram pro cooler haha its more of a taste thing than a money thing hehe

i like the flashy lights and so forth with the cooler master ram pro cooler haha its more of a taste thing than a money thing hehe

The cooler master v6 gt, the NZXT havik, the thermaltake frio are all better coolers than the V8. The V10 is fine, but as owen said, cooling the ram is not really needed. If you like the lights, go with the cooler master v6 gt.

The cooler master v6 gt, the NZXT havik, the thermaltake frio are all better coolers than the V8. The V10 is fine, but as owen said, cooling the ram is not really needed. If you like the lights, go with the cooler master v6 gt.

I agree with you, but he already has the v8 so he would have to send it back if he wanted a different cooler.

i could send it back which is better the cooler master v6 gt. or the the thermaltake frio there about nearish the same price i paid for the v8 so it wouldnt bother me sending the v8 back the NZXT Havik is one sexy cooler but it should be for the price tag haha

Just to set things straight here.... the 5670 you had in the beginning had 400 shader processors each running at 775MHz (can overclock to about 900), with 800MHZ memory over a 128bit interface (12GB/s bandwith).

Total number of graphics instructions per second is 310 billion

The 7950 recomended by the forum members has 1792 shader processors each running at least at 800MHz (can overclock to 1200) together with 5000MHz memory on a 384bit interface (240GB/s) (20x more)

Total number of graphics instructions per second is 1433 billon (5x more)

all this for roughly double the price of what you where thinking of paying...