My First attempt.

Richard89

so i wouldnt mind something in the price range of what am paying for 2 cards for now for high end gameing for good fps and good graphics on game on a 3d 51 inch television even if i have to buy 1 card now and 1 later on.

If what Owen is true which it more than likely is, you are better off getting a single 560 since the speed is the same or better than two in Crossfire and without the issues of duel gpu such as microstuttering etc... plus it's better for showing off :) I wonder if there will be big price drops with the 7870 etc... size of screen doesn't matter the resolution does and I'm assuming it's 1080P :) You can also overclock em :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If what Owen is true which it more than likely is, you are better off getting a single 560 since the speed is the same or better than two in Crossfire and without the issues of duel gpu such as microstuttering etc... plus it's better for showing off :) I wonder if there will be big price drops with the 7870 etc... size of screen doesn't matter the resolution does and I'm assuming it's 1080P :) You can also overclock em :)

thats the only reason why i wouldnt pay the £350+ for the graphics cards normally new tech comes out expensive then 3 months later there more than 60% cheaper.

thats the only reason why i wouldnt pay the £350+ for the graphics cards normally new tech comes out expensive then 3 months later there more than 60% cheaper.

Get the 7950 and mod the case. If you want 3D, I would wait a couple months until Kepler is released. the GK104 which is going to be the GTX 660 ti should be faster than a 580 and it is priced at 350 USD. It should be able to do well with the 3D with your tv and be short enough to fit in your case.

Get the 7950 and mod the case. If you want 3D, I would wait a couple months until Kepler is released. the GK104 which is going to be the GTX 660 ti should be faster than a 580 and it is priced at 350 USD. It should be able to do well with the 3D with your tv and be short enough to fit in your case.

so get 1 of these for now Zotac GTX 560 Ti 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card and wait a couple of months for the better card without haveing to mod my case.

With it being his first build I don't think I would recommend this unless he knows what he's doing.

owen the card you offered me i can only use 1 card

Manufacturer: Zotac

Interface: PCIe 2.0 (x16)

Chipset: GTX 560 Ti

Connectivity: 1 x DisplayPort

2 x DVI-I

1 x HDMI

Edition: N/A

SLI: Yes

Chipset Features: 3D Vision Surround technology

DirectCompute Support

Microsoft DirectX® 11

Microsoft Windows 7 support

NVIDIA CUDA™ Technology

NVIDIA nView Multi-Display Technology

NVIDIA PhysX™-Ready

NVIDIA Unified Driver Architecture

OpenCL Support

OpenGL 4.1

PureVideo HD

Shader Model 5.0

SLI Type: 2 Way

Manufacturing process: 40 nm

HDCP Ready: Yes

Cores: 384

Width: Dual Slot

Core Clock: 822 MHz

CrossFire: No

Shader Clock: 1645 MHz

Crossfire Type:

Memory: 1GB

Low Profile Compatible: No

Memory Bit Rate: 256 Bit

Low Profile Support:

Memory Type: GDDR5

Package Type: Retail

Memory Clock: 4000 MHz

Maximum GPU Power: 170W

Cooling: Fan

Maximum GPU Temperature: 99 °C

Manufacturer: Zotac

Interface: PCIe 2.0 (x16)

Chipset: GTX 560 Ti

Connectivity: 1 x DisplayPort

2 x DVI-I

1 x HDMI

Edition: N/A

SLI: Yes

Chipset Features: 3D Vision Surround technology

DirectCompute Support

Microsoft DirectX® 11

Microsoft Windows 7 support

NVIDIA CUDA™ Technology

NVIDIA nView Multi-Display Technology

NVIDIA PhysX™-Ready

NVIDIA Unified Driver Architecture

OpenCL Support

OpenGL 4.1

PureVideo HD

Shader Model 5.0

SLI Type: 2 Way

Manufacturing process: 40 nm

HDCP Ready: Yes

Cores: 384

Width: Dual Slot

Core Clock: 822 MHz

CrossFire: No

Shader Clock: 1645 MHz

Crossfire Type:

Memory: 1GB

Low Profile Compatible: No

Memory Bit Rate: 256 Bit

Low Profile Support:

Memory Type: GDDR5

Package Type: Retail

Memory Clock: 4000 MHz

Maximum GPU Power: 170W

Cooling: Fan

Maximum GPU Temperature: 99 °C

this is also an email i got from the seller of my first choice of graphics card.

Hi yes it's a very good spec board.

I'm just messaging now because I've been reading up about the SLI compatibility of nVIDIA cards and it seems that the GT430 range of cards do not support SLI, meaning that having more than one of these cards in your PC will be a total waste of money since the 2nd card will not be able to boost the performance of the 1st card.

As far as performance is concerned, a single GT430 4GB card is about as powerful as 2 x HD5450 cards... so 2 x HD6450 cards will be slightly better.

If I were you though, I'd seriously, seriously reconsider your approach to this upgrade. From your previous messages to me it seems as though you're basing your decisions on what card has the most memory onboard, and not taking into consideration various other factors, such as the Graphics processor, the graphics processor speeds and Memory speeds / Bit Rate etc.

The nVIDIA GeForce GT430 has a 1500Mhz 96-Core graphics processor with 4GB of 1333Mhz 128-bit memory. That memory is capable of processing 21.3GB per second of graphic data bandwidth. The HD6450 has a 625Mhz 160-Core graphics processor with 2GB of 1333Mhz 64-bit memory, which outputs 10.6GB per second data bandwidth.

I have card's here which, although they come with less actual onboard memory, are at least 3 times more powerful than the 4GB GT430, yet cost alot less!

The first card I'll recommend is an ATI Radeon HD5670. It has a 775Mhz 400-Core graphics processor with 1GB of 4000Mhz 128-bit memory, which outputs 64GB per second data bandwidth. This card is only £85 yet outperforms the GT430 by almost 3 times! Better yet, you could put 2 of these cards in your PC and get performance that'd be SIX times better than a single GT430. You'd then have 800 Cores with 2GB of 4000Mhz 256-bit memory... meaning 128GB per second of data bandwidth! I'd do a pair of these cards for you for just £155 including delivery. You'll not be disappointed with a pair of these cards

You SLI two cards together... Better cooling and a year longer warranty(if ya break it you might get free upgrade to a newer gen :) ) and a free game :)http://www.overclock.co.uk/product/Asus-1024MB-GDDR5-GeForce-GTX-560-DIRECTCU-II-TOP-Overclocked-Dual-DVI-Mini-HDMI-PCI-E-Retail-with-Free-Mafia-2--Batman-Arkham-City-PC-Game_40377.html

So far Keplar's performance is all rumors... I'm sure that it would be good for the price drops though... maybe you want a 7990 :lol:

What do you mean mate? Your psu should be able to run two of those in sli if you wanted, but 1 would be enough to play any new games on high settings until you get a newer gpu. In my last post I was trying to say I don't think you should mod your case unless you've done it before.

What do you mean mate? Your psu should be able to run two of those in sli if you wanted, but 1 would be enough to play any new games on high settings until you get a newer gpu. In my last post I was trying to say I don't think you should mod your case unless you've done it before.

Zotac GTX 560 Ti 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card so buy 2 of these or 2 of my original choice ? ive got lost in call the different graphics card numbers and makes lol

this is also an email i got from the seller of my first choice of graphics card.

Hi yes it's a very good spec board.

I'm just messaging now because I've been reading up about the SLI compatibility of nVIDIA cards and it seems that the GT430 range of cards do not support SLI, meaning that having more than one of these cards in your PC will be a total waste of money since the 2nd card will not be able to boost the performance of the 1st card.

As far as performance is concerned, a single GT430 4GB card is about as powerful as 2 x HD5450 cards... so 2 x HD6450 cards will be slightly better.

If I were you though, I'd seriously, seriously reconsider your approach to this upgrade. From your previous messages to me it seems as though you're basing your decisions on what card has the most memory onboard, and not taking into consideration various other factors, such as the Graphics processor, the graphics processor speeds and Memory speeds / Bit Rate etc.

The nVIDIA GeForce GT430 has a 1500Mhz 96-Core graphics processor with 4GB of 1333Mhz 128-bit memory. That memory is capable of processing 21.3GB per second of graphic data bandwidth. The HD6450 has a 625Mhz 160-Core graphics processor with 2GB of 1333Mhz 64-bit memory, which outputs 10.6GB per second data bandwidth.

I have card's here which, although they come with less actual onboard memory, are at least 3 times more powerful than the 4GB GT430, yet cost alot less!

The first card I'll recommend is an ATI Radeon HD5670. It has a 775Mhz 400-Core graphics processor with 1GB of 4000Mhz 128-bit memory, which outputs 64GB per second data bandwidth. This card is only £85 yet outperforms the GT430 by almost 3 times! Better yet, you could put 2 of these cards in your PC and get performance that'd be SIX times better than a single GT430. You'd then have 800 Cores with 2GB of 4000Mhz 256-bit memory... meaning 128GB per second of data bandwidth! I'd do a pair of these cards for you for just £155 including delivery. You'll not be disappointed with a pair of these cards

This guys trying to rip you off haha, £85 for a 5670 is just ridiculous. Just so you get the idea, here's a basic comparison of the 5670 and the gtx560ti link

Zotac GTX 560 Ti 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card so buy 2 of these or 2 of my original choice ? ive got lost in call the different graphics card numbers and makes lol
fair enough, I know it's confusing :lol: I think that you should definitely stay away from your first choice (the 5670s) and either get two of the gtx560tis that I recommended and stick with them, or get just one gtx560ti and then upgrade to a newer card when it comes out like tj suggested earlier. Hope this hasn't confused you any more :P Edited by Owenisbad