Iran, Israel, and USA

Desktop-pro

When (and not if) Israel launches an assault on Iran it will drag all of the world's major international players into the morass. Even more discomforting is that it will bring with it the full force of the "Islam versus every other religion" aspect of this new world war. Every country will be forced to choose a side. And that folks will be the beginning of the end of the last war the human race ever wages against itself.

While Ron Paul's approach is novel (let the Israelis handle their own security) the fact is that the US has already paid millions if not billions of dollars to most every influential player on both sides of the fence to try and "buy" peace. The end result is exactly what we should have expected. You can't buy lasting peace in a region that has been at war with one another since biblical days or before. And, the sad thing is that the US cannot afford to fight another war offshore. Hell, I'm not even sure we could afford to fight a war to protect our own coastlines and borders.

When (and not if) Israel launches an assault on Iran it will drag all of the world's major international players into the morass. Even more discomforting is that it will bring with it the full force of the "Islam versus every other religion" aspect of this new world war. Every country will be forced to choose a side. And that folks will be the beginning of the end of the last war the human race ever wages against itself.

While Ron Paul's approach is novel (let the Israelis handle their own security) the fact is that the US has already paid millions if not billions of dollars to most every influential player on both sides of the fence to try and "buy" peace. The end result is exactly what we should have expected. You can't buy lasting peace in a region that has been at war with one another since biblical days or before. And, the sad thing is that the US cannot afford to fight another war offshore. Hell, I'm not even sure we could afford to fight a war to protect our own coastlines and borders.

We can't afford a war because we send billions of so called aid to Pakistan ,Egypt , Iraq , china the UN ad others to name a few. We also can't afford a war because 50 million Americans receive a hand out , Medicaid and other entitlement programs suck the well dry. Obama plan is working perfectly.

All joking aside, Israel can't take out irans means to create a bomb without our(USA) help.

Canada?

"Canadian oil wells supply a large percentage of American natural gas and oil imports. Satisfying America’s prodigious energy appetite depends on the continued availability of Canadian energy sources. About 25 percent of the crude oil and 80 percent of the natural gas imported into the United States come from our very accommodating neighbor to the north."

Source.

"Canadian oil wells supply a large percentage of American natural gas and oil imports. Satisfying America’s prodigious energy appetite depends on the continued availability of Canadian energy sources. About 25 percent of the crude oil and 80 percent of the natural gas imported into the United States come from our very accommodating neighbor to the north."

Source.

Haha I was agreeing with you, not questioning your credentials :P

I think that no single John Q Public has any real clue what's actually going on with it all, that people will continue to act like they're experts at foreign relations, and nothing's going to happen other than some increased oil prices. This will continue to stress the American public, many of whom will get their "facts" from smaller news groups that claim to be unbiased because they're smaller. I also predict that the major US news corporations will continue to fan the flames in order to maintain ratings, and this will continue the vicious cycle. During this time, I'll just keep on muttering profanities as I fill up my Cobalt. Obama's not going to pull anything stupid or drastic until after he's re-elected, which he will be given that the Republican candidates are all jokes.

Following that, nuclear war.

Edited by Kamikaze_Badger

Yes they can, the US does more to hold Israel back than prop them up.

Absolutely, we essentially pay Israel not to attack Iran. If it weren't for all the political and monetary pressure the Israelis would have already handled this thorn in everyone's side.

Yes they can, the US does more to hold Israel back than prop them up.

I was referring to the fact Israel doesn't have the conventional weapons to deal with undergrounded facilities (ie bunker busters) and would need to use nuclear weapons. Israel has been on record as saying they would not be the first country in the middle east to use nuclear weapons. So that being said they would need out help.