Kitting myself out with Koolance. First timer

ghostcorps

PS: $300 for fittings only? It should be half that.

As you may have realised, my mental arithmetic is tragic...

I have recalculated as follows.

Angled = $19 http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=18447

Straight = $14 http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=14586

2xRadiators = 4X Straight

VRM/CPU = 4X Angled

GPU = 2x Straight

Pump = 2 x Angled

$198... it is still a bit steep, but without a controller I am still within budget I think.

What is the opinion on the Koolance No-Spill valves? Expensive yes, but do they work?

StonerBoy: Not that kind of vaporiser.... THIS kind ;)

Edited by ghostcorps

As you may have realised, my mental arithmetic is tragic...

I have recalculated as follows.

Angled = $19 http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=18447

Straight = $14 http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=14586

2xRadiators = 4X Straight

VRM/CPU = 4X Angled

GPU = 2x straight

Pump = 2 x 45 angled

$198... it is still a bit steep, but without a controller I am still within budget I think.

What is the opinion on the Koolance No-Spill valves? Expensive yes, but do they work?

StonerBoy: Not that kind of vaporiser.... THIS kind ;)

I am with Niko do not get QDCs you can however look at the Koolance Inline Drain Valve.

You may also want to consider 90 degree fittings for the vrm and top of the cpu because you may not fit it past the rad and fans otherwise.

I would leave buying the fittings till you dry fit everything and look at the best routing possible.

When mounting the top rad it would be wise to move it as far to the left as possible to make it easier for the vrm block and fittings.

haha contrary to the name I am clean (bar some anti-psychotics atm for trigeminal neuralgia) and always have been. My vice is single malt whiskey.

I am with Niko do not get QDCs you can however look at the Koolance Inline Drain Valve.

You may also want to consider 90 degree fittings for the vrm and top of the cpu because you may not fit it past the rad and fans otherwise.

I would leave buying the fittings till you dry fit everything and look at the best routing possible.

When mounting the top rad it would be wise to move it as far to the left as possible to make it easier for the vrm block and fittings.

haha contrary to the name I am clean (bar some anti-psychotics atm for trigeminal neuralgia) and always have been. My vice is single malt whiskey.

What is wrong with QDCs? [edit:] Ok, just saw Nikos edit. No QDCs

Dry mounting it will leave me without my HTPC for longer than I'd like, but I take your point. Thanks

Maybe I can lure you with a dram of Laphroaig Quater Cask or perhaps the Triple Wood? I always have an Aberlour Abunah on hand or for the truly adventurous (and lucky) I have a Bruichladdich Octomore 53.... Tempted yet?

Edited by ghostcorps

Hey Stoner, thanks for pointing out that in-line drain valve, I just bought one :lol:

There is one that comes with 1/2" ID 5/8" OD compression fittings built in though, for $15. Much cheaper than getting the one you linked and then two compression fittings, as long as you have the proper tubing. Unfortunately it's only available at the Koolance website and Performance PCs as far as I know.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=23416

Mucho: Nice work! :) I was looking under 'Compresson'

FFS! I just discovered that the case has its own shroud!

The way I mounted the H100 radiator went like this:

Shroud

Top of case

Pull

Radiator

Push

Little did I realise that it could go like this:

Shroud

Pull

Top of case

Radiator

Push

Good news is that I can easily fit the 360 in there by sacrificing the top drive bay!

Is the consensus still 360>240+120?

Edited by ghostcorps

Mucho: Nice work! :) I was looking under 'Compresson'

FFS! I just discovered that the case has its own shroud!

The way I mounted the H100 radiator went like this:

Shroud

Top of case

Pull

Radiator

Push

Little did I realise that it could go like this:

Shroud

Pull

Top of case

Radiator

Push

Good news is that I can easily fit the 360 in there by sacrificing the top drive bay!

Is the consensus still 360>240+120?

performance should be the same but the single rad is less water restriction than the 240 and 120, so thats what i would do