Sign in to follow this  
Wolfrider

(very) cheap build

A friend asked me to build a desktop pc for him, his budget is 300 euros without monitor and HDD.

I was thinking about a i3, µatx mobo and 2gb ram. What do you guys think? It will be used for mainly gaming

(mw2,skyrim,...) and recording at the same time with fraps (trickshots).

What does he want to use it for? (I'd go al last 4g-8g on the ram though)

What size will your friend game at?

I won't reccomend an i3 since it wouldn't be able to handle games. And frankly, with 300 euros, you can't get very decent parts for gaming.

Any specific computer sites that we can use in Germany or your area?

Here's a little idea:

AMD A8-3850

ASRock A75M FM1 AMD A75

G.Skill Flare 2x2GB DDR3 1800

NZXT Gamma Case

PC Power and Cooling Silencer MK III 400W

Tops off at around $395 in Newegg which according to yahoo is €299

And the apu from amd has lower clock rates than the i3, and since the games only us 2 cores (well, mostly) higher clock rate is more important than 2 extra cores, no?

Not bad, but why so expensive ram? wont kingston value ram be enough?

It probably would... Just that I've always had the Flares ram for my friends APU builts so I guess it's kind of a habbit :P

And the apu from amd has lower clock rates than the i3, and since the games only us 2 cores (well, mostly) higher clock rate is more important than 2 extra cores, no?

You're forgetting that the i3's graphics are crappy... True that most games wouldn't take up more than 2 cores (as far as I know) and thus the clock speed would be more important, but what matters most is the graphics.

You can always get a 6670 and Xfire them with the APU to get a performance boost. This is a good card:

http://www.alternate.de/html/product/ASUS/EAH6670-DI/865636/?

Moin Moin! Looks like a solid build, Alternate is always good but of course it pays off to shop around a little bit, try: http://www.geizhals.at/de

As for the power supply, I wouldn't go with a cheapo Sharkoon, for just a few € more you can get a good Antec: http://www.alternate.de/html/product/Antec/EA-380D_Green/144600/?

Yes it's 380W, but that's plenty for what you're going to be running. I used to have a 380W Antec Earthwatts that ran an E6600 @ 3.8GHz and dual 8800GT's in SLI, all of which was at full throttle because I was using that rig exclusively for [email protected] No problem at all, it just worked.

Grüße aus Hannover!