Trying to explain your custom PC.

DrDigitized2

I tend to not add up what I've actually spent on my machine. It'd be depressing. :lol:

Very much so. Last year I took in 20k. I am going to spend a little more then 2k on my computer. So roughly 10% of my annual income is going into my beast!

My dad is on top of things well enough to know that my machine is a monster (he has an EE degree and used to build circuit boards for GE).

Your lucky bro, my parents can barely use their push dial cell phones for crying out loud.

I thought when my dad came to the U.S. from Croatia almost 30 years, he would have learned English better as he went.

Nope, broken English FTW hahaha. lol2.gif.

Edited by MJCRO

I've probably blown almost $2,500 in parts this year.. but that's coming to an end now, gonna be dumping my next few thousand into this project car. lol2.gif

After all is said and done (taxes and shipping included) my build will probably end up being around the $4,000 mark. :lol:

when it comes to non tech people i just give them a false price. usually whatever it would cost retail. so i would be like "yeah it's a top of the line intel computer around $3000). much easier than naming parts because my $800 computer is a whole lot better than any Dell or HP computer under $1500.

Ouch. And I thought I was spending a horrible amount!

I justify it by telling myself no upgrades until Broadwell or Skylake :P

Even then I'm hoping to carry over at least $1000 of my current build to the new build (case and watercooling for sure, maybe GPU, RAM, and storage).

Being son to doctor parents, I don't face that kind of problem, probably because they know the importance of good components & all the things I bought they never resisted me. And when my maternal uncle & aunt is working @ IBM, I get many peripherals as a gift from them. So, I think my story is quite different from others.. :teehee: