How Often Do You Upgrade?

NikoDG

51 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you upgrade your components?

• 0-2 years
    • 3-4 years
    • 5+ years
    • I don't upgrade, I just start a brand new build
  2. 2. What components do you upgrade the most often?

• CPU
    • Motherboard
    • GPU
    • RAM
    • Hard Drives
    • Power Supply
    • Cooling System

5+ years... Ram which is limited by Windows XP... a PSU which was a gift.. mobo cause it broke... CPU cause it was essentially free... forgot to vote a Hard Drive but it's fudged up... Yay! Case too cause it was on sale and mobo standoffs didn't fit the original Compaq case... Cooling system was bought open boxed from shop cause some fins were bent... Got that 7950GX2 as a prezzie... failed within two months...

Edited by Dan The Gamer

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About every month, but nothing big. I get small little gift cards for my PC from various people for various reasons, and I will use them to spruce up my build. For instance the last thing I got was a fan controller. For the moment I am much more concerned about looks and appeal rather than performance so it will be frequent and small upgrades for me for a while.

I'm hoping to make it until Broadwell comes out before I do any major upgrading (maybe a re-build), except for getting a new GPU. If I can make it that long I'll treat myself to the Broadwell Extreme X Series CPU and an ROG board.

Usually for me its a New Motherboard, CPU and Video card about every 2-4 years.... I like my case so i keep that. Depending on the age and feel I replace teh Hard Drive and PSU as well... so its like a new build...

I surf the web and read more than anyting so pretty much every rig I have is major overkill....

If I come into some cash and don't need it elsewhere,.......I upgrade. There is always something that needs to be tweaked or replaced on one of the PC's.

It really IS an addiction. But it keeps me off of the streets,.....