XBOX 720

InCrYsIs

The inclusion or lack of gore and nudity does not constitute variety. At least not to me. New stories and mechanics creates variety.

Not necessarily. Some more than likely bought the PS3 for the Blu-Ray player, even though it was very expensive at launch. The middle class does not always have to be obsessed with the cheapest stuff after all.

So saving the princess is a brand new story every game? More ways to jump on koomba and to the next ledge, that innovative?

Middle class does not always have to be obsessed with the cheapest stuff...PS3 was the "cheapest" blu-ray player. Shot yourself in the foot there :D

Last post on this subject, not even sure why we are talking about the Wii in the Xbox 720 thread anyways.

Edited by AZNguyen

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So saving the princess is a brand new story every game? More ways to jump on koomba and to the next ledge, that innovative?

Middle class does not always have to be obsessed with the cheapest stuff...PS3 was the "cheapest" blu-ray player. Shot yourself in the foot there :D

You also saved Yoshi eggs. The gravity mechanics and running all the way around a world in Super Mario Galaxy were also quite innovative.

Wait, let me get this straight, I shot myself in the foot by pointing out the middle class does not have to be obsessed with the cheapest thing, which you just stated the opposite to, but now agree with? Pretty sure that's not how it works.

Also, many people would have picked the Nintendo console because it is Nintendo, not just because it was the cheapest.

This would be absolutely absurd. How can they tell me what I can do with MY property. As long as I'm not make illegal copies I should have a say in what I do with MY stuff. Thank GOD i switched to PC gaming last year :cheers::thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I think one point most people are missing is while the 6670 may not be even mid range compared to current PC hardware, it can also be run with minimal cooling. Even if they went with a 6750 they'd need far better cooling and we're talking about something that has to cram a lot of speed in a very tiny usually piss poorly cooled chasis. Go ahead, beg and beg and beg them to put a faster card in the X720 but be prepared for more GPU failures and RROD's when the cooling system can't keep up.

Going with ATI again they don't have a lot of choices. Their cards make the jump from te 6670 to the 6750 range and though the speed increase would be quite noticeable, especially in 5+ years. Odd's are all of that extra heat would cause you to need to buy another system due to catastrophic failures before then.

NextBox 720 will now be using a 7000 series GPU - Updated specs can be found in this thread here

I think one point most people are missing is while the 6670 may not be even mid range compared to current PC hardware, it can also be run with minimal cooling. Even if they went with a 6750 they'd need far better cooling and we're talking about something that has to cram a lot of speed in a very tiny usually piss poorly cooled chasis. Go ahead, beg and beg and beg them to put a faster card in the X720 but be prepared for more GPU failures and RROD's when the cooling system can't keep up.

Going with ATI again they don't have a lot of choices. Their cards make the jump from te 6670 to the 6750 range and though the speed increase would be quite noticeable, especially in 5+ years. Odd's are all of that extra heat would cause you to need to buy another system due to catastrophic failures before then.

I will admit though, in comparison, the GPU in the X360 was much higher up the totem pole than it will be this time around and I just don't see the 6670 holding up as well as time goes on. There is a good chance the 6670 is a rumor and nothing more, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually use at least a 6770 or 6850 tbh.

As far as the blocked or limited online capability for used games, I hope they do it because that means even cheaper games for me. If I want to play online I use a PC. If I want to play SP games I play on PC with the exception of the Ratchet and Clank series that I play on my PS2 :P

With consoles you dont need as powerful GPU and CPUs to run as you aren't rendering extra stuff like you would be on a PC. This is why the 3.2 GHz PowerPC Tri-Core Xenon chip in the xbox 360, 512 MB of GDDR3 RAM clocked at 700 MHz, and a 500 MHz ATI Xenos....

By PC standards this is considered to be pretty old technology. Yet they can still play the modern games, granted on a PC you will still get better graphics... Just something to think about...