FRUSTRATED ASROCK

So not long ago i decided of trying a Intel build, i got a nice deal on a i7 2600k and got a z68 fatal1ty professional gen 3 motherboard. Right now im almost regretting my motherboard choice, it looks awesome, good features and of curse the price its of a high end stuff, today my new CPU arrives and the board arrive about a week ago, the board came with a PCI-E slot dead. I'm disappointed that a motherboard of this price get to come like that :S and i was having a lot of hope for asrock and for the motherboard. i have try a few things probably gonna try a few more and if it not working i will call newegg to get it to RMA. if others know something about the issue or your opinion please feel free to comment. thanks for reading.

Been using ASRock for my old AMD Rig and it isn't the toughest/long lasting board ever (compared to the TUF) but it gets the job done... I think you're just unlucky and you're not the only one since I've heard from a few that has a DOA ASRock board..

Hang in there mate! :biggrin:

I have an ASRock MB as well, and after 1 RMA and on the 2nd one, I think this will be my last one. The support and their website is very disapointing and I think this is definitely not the area I will try to "save" money on the next build.

I bought an AsRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 MB, with an Intel i5 2500k(OCed @4GHz) a month ago and it was fine so far. It's my first AsRock MB and I'm pretty happy with my choice, the price/performance reference it's also better than any ASUS/Gigabyte MB with same features, maybe you only had the bad luck to get a broken one, isn't it under warranty?

• Like 1

I found Asrock to be a cheap brand with a lot of settings. This is only good on paper because i never had a Asrock board work without issues. Gigabyte on the other hand other than a DOA once in a great while has always been pushing the limits.

I'd suggest going ASUS next board you get, I've never had a bad ASUS board before :)

I have had ONE bad asus motherboard, in the 40 I have bought, and customers have bought. When I RMAed it, Asus told me they discontinued that board of a known problem, and said they would send me a new board. To put it simply, the customer did not have a problem getting a free saber tooth board for her sons internet machine :lol:

I've been lucky enough also, out of about 20 asus boards never had one bad, the one in the wife's old pc has been going strong since 2002 , though I did have to put a video card in it a few yrs back ,onboard just up and died. It seems with asrock it's a 50-50 chance there will be problems. Hope your next one works out.:rolleyes: