Advice on the best computer chair.

DrDigitized2

Hi all. I am looking to get a computer chair because the one I am using is a wooden table chair. As you can imagine my butt hurts really bad after about 30 mins.

I am looking to buy a Chair that I can sit on for hours with as little discomfort as possible. I am hoping to spend less then $200. Seeing as most of you spend as much time on the computer as me I was hoping that you could point me in the right direction.

A little about me. I am 6ft tall and I weigh about 310 pounds. So if you have any suggestions I would appreciate it. :thumbsup::thx:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one cares about my butt and back. I see how it is. Guess I have to drive 60+ miles to the nearest office depot just to find out. :whistling:

Actually yes, that is correct. Everyone has their own personal tastes, and it really is impossible to tell you what to buy. I mean as we are talking, I am thinking of replacing my bed with a hammock and mounting my tv to the post at me feet and run all my PC operations in comfort. It goes to show that creature comforts are really diverse when it comes to furniture, and the best way to pick out what you like is to test it all out yourself.

Hammock would be great for console gamming I chill in a beanbag myself when using my xbox.

For my pc I always look for gas lift that goes high enough for me (I think I hit 6'4" now) and a tilt with adjustable back so I can set it up on my back right and so I can lean right back when I feel like it.

However this is me and I will always go and try out chairs first before buying.

I usually buy chairs from office depot or max<br><br>many years ago I grabbed the one advertised it was a massage chair<br>i never used the massage thing and the cord always got in the way and the massage ball was constantly stuck in my back<br>never buy a massage chair<br>look for a chair that captain picard would sit in, that will be a comfortable chair<br><br><br>

We have a store in VA called Basset furniture. I do not know if it is just an east cost thing or not, but they usually have some pretty good chairs and such. I would look for a chair with the little wings next to your head. Something like this http://www.officefreaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Egg-Chair-Modern-Office-Furniture.jpg with those wings more directed at your head and mod some speakers into those little wings. That would be cool.

I did however find a chair that would be perfect for gaming http://thetrendaholic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/mini-cooper-gaming-chair-580x483.jpg

I think just looking around and trying out a lot of different chairs is your best option, each person has a chair meant for them I think. :lol:

I can't really find any pictures of my exact chair and don't feel like taking a picture of it but this is pretty much what I have, only difference is that mine has the typical wheels like a normal office chair. It's honestly the best chair I've ever used, when I first saw it, it was like love at first sight. I actually found this chair in recycling center that some guy was running out of this giant warehouse, gave it to me for me since there isn't a lot of demand for chairs and he really just needed to get rid of them.

That kind of shows you just how far you have to go to find that perfect chair though, you really have to do some searching, not just the big furniture and office stores.

@Tjj Ooo Oooo. I love the second chair. lol. The first one looks like someone started to peal an orange and stopped half way through.

Well the first one was to show you what I meant by "wings" . Other wise I would hope you would drive to VA to hit me with a brick until I stopped moving for recommending a chair like that. That chair is UGLY.

Another thought I came up with would be to just build your own. You can use PVC pipes to make the frame. Use right angle connectors to make the back and seat, and use 30 degree angle connectors to make the ergonomic curves. Then go to Joannes or some sort of fabric store (I think even walmart) and get some spandex cloth. Double or tipple layer it over the PVC pipe to give your chair that sort of sink in good feeling to it. Then you would go get some foam that you like (soft/firm/memory/etc) and fabric (again to your liking) and make cushions with zippers for the fabric so if you spill anything on the seat (ie pepsi, because pepsi just loves to spill all over the place apparently), you can take the cover off and wash it without worrying about it. Secure the cushions to the spandex with Velcro. Then you can personalize it. For instance you could spray paint the pvc, or maybe give it so me nice carbon fiber. Or you could make a cup holder. Not too make office chairs have cup holders :evilgrin: .

If you use PVC pipes and connectors, the build would be like putting Lego's together. You basically measure your self and you computer space and add up all the numbers and make a sketch of what you want. You go to home depot and you tell them what you want and that you want it all cut. They find you the right stuff, they cut it for your and you just assemble it. Super simple.

The nice thing about doing it like that is because you can control every aspect of the chair. You can build speakers into it, you can build the thing on top of a mini fridge with wheels and just reach down for a nice drink. You can also control the personal feel of it too. You can have a chair that is really sink-in-able ( Tjj226_Angel Copy Righted word :lol: ) or a chair that is really firm. Since all the choices are up to you, you really can make a one of a kind chair for gaming. Not to mention.... CUP HOLDERS :woo: :woo: :woo: