Your Sound Equipment

Fogel

PC:

Logitech Z-5500's - Had these for about 5 years. Still love 'em for gaming!

Home Theater: - Only had this setup for little under a year, but sounds amazing for Movies, music and now thanks to DTS connect from my media PC - Gaming!

Reviver: Onkyo TX-NR509

Speakers: Tanoy SFX 5.1

Headphones: - Don't use these nearly enough :( When I do use them, just love the sound!! Not great for games, but music sounds amazing!!

Sennheiser HD-25-I II

Currently nothing at home other than a Older Dell 2.1 w/sub

I used to have that plus a Magnovox 8in Sub box with Satellite outs and use those with some cheapo RCA boox shelf speakers in each corner of the room... it sounded pretty kick butt to the Metallica I listen to...

Now at the shop is a different story...

I have an older Pioneer receiver that was reworked (surround taken out) that powers 4 speakers in the front part of the shop with a mix of 8s and 12s... the actual shop part has 4-12 in boxes in the upper corners of the shop directed towards the center. They are powered via a 2 channel elcheapo Pyramid 75watt amp hooked to the Pioneer receiver.... I listen to the local radio and it ROCKs... LOUD too

I took my old FIC Ice Cube (socket 754) loaded XP to it and loaded all my music to it and use that as my personal music radio....works very nice..well until I quit working at the shop and gave the PC to my 4 year old daughter for now

Home computer hooked to my yamaha receiver with klipsh 5.1 surround, headphones when needed are a pair of skullcandy GI

Work computer Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500

Iphone at work a pair of skullcandy FMJ, out on the streets a pair of shure E3 Sound Isolating

Edit for truck 2000 dodge dakota club cab -> soon to be traded in for a subaru wrx

Alpine headunit with ai-net tuning

-- xm radio, bluetooth, and rca/headphone jack add on box

alpine amp 2000w pro-v mono

2 alpine X 12" dual 4ohm voice coil wired for 2 ohms

rear speakers alpine r 6.5" 2-way

fronts Memphis 15-MCS8 Component Speakers

4 rockford fosgate tweeters in the corners of the headliner

Work toolbox (home made)

powersupply silverstone 850w

amps rockford fosgate punch 500.2 & 200.4

sub alpine 8" SWR-843D on the 500.2 amp

speakers Polk Audio Monitor40 Series II (these will be in tomorrow)

heres a quick shot i took of my box the other day. it has changed a little, once i get the new speakers on ill take a new picture

a72c2431.jpg

the top piece of wood and the front of the sub is alder. the top piece is 3" thick 18" wide and 54" long weighs around 30lbs doesnt to me any justice when i have to roll my box all the way across the building but it looks sexy while i do it.

Edited by olokul

I was going to respond to everyone but that would take too long ...some of you really have some nice setups! Wish you went into more detail how good the sound quality is. When I was testing all my stuff I found it interesting just how different one song can sound in the different setups.

And olokul, that is one kick a _ _ mod! I think every guy here can appreciate that hard work. You totally would have made a guest appearance on Tool Time! :P

Wish you went into more detail how good the sound quality is. When I was testing all my stuff I found it interesting just how different one song can sound in the different setups.

Good idea!

For my home theater it's as close to flat in frequency response as possible from ~15 Hz on up. I tend to like it a little heavier on the low end for movies so it's got a bit of a bass shelf from 80 Hz down but it still sounds freakin' good with music. If I leave the subwoofer off it's flat down to roughly 40 Hz or so just from the mains (they have 12" woofers). I'm driving it with my HTPC which surprisingly sounds pretty amazing with the onboard sound. There's no detectable noise floor or distortion - and there's certainly no roll-off on the low end that used to plague onboard sound in the past. :lol:

Maybe if airman drops in sometime he can give an opinion on it. Personally I love it. :)

Sound System:

Marantz SR5004

Pro:

- Bi-Wire support

- Audessy

-Pure direct mode

-Pre-amp outputs (not common on AV under $1000)

-Reference quality audio even in the "entry model"

- Upscale analog ports into HDMI out (no tv channel switching)

Cons:

- Underpowered when driving large speakers. Ideal speakers would be 5-7 bookshelf one and i'm trying to drive 5 floor standing ones.

- Only 3 HDMI ports (HDMI is the only thing i use....)

- Costly for most consumers because this is the entry level receiver and most people won't use the extra features listed above or know what to do with them.

Polk Audio Monitor Series (50 & 70)

Pros:

-Best audio quality before jumping to the $1000 a speaker mark

- Bi-Wire support (it does make a difference people...)

- Monitor 2 Series uses real wood

- Same Speakers as the TSi series just without real or cheap wood

- 70s have decent bass going down to around 80hz

Cons:

- 50 and 60s don't have any bass unless cranked up

- Sucks more power than specs (a Pro if you have the amp to handle it )

Headphones/headset: Logitech G35's. I don't have anything to compare these against, but I love them. The simulated 7.1 sounds amazing in game (BF3 is an eargasm). Listening to

to see what music is like, and it sounds really good to me.

PC speakers: Thanks to OCC, I have arguable the best speakers on the market. Corsair SP2500 and they are just insanely good. oh, my, jesus. Still can't believe I won these. My prized posession :thumbsup: Music sounds better than I've ever heard it and games are fantastic as well. Used them during a few parties/get-togethers and the whole room is filled with clear sounds. Bass is great as well, can be a little lacking for music. But in game and for movies it is insanely loud. shakes my desk :D

Car Audio: 2x Kicker 12" CompVR's powered by a Kenwood 1000w (RMS) mono amp. 2x 6.5" Kenwood 3-way door speakers. Bought this set-up when I was 15 and pretty satisfied. Bass is huge, have to turn it down to -3 on my receiver. Thinking about selling it all though when I get my new car and getting a set-up that isn't so loud, but sounds a lot more clear and precise.

Edited by _TheAlexO