Fogel

Your Sound Equipment

Furthermore good quality speaker stands can isolate vibrations from speaker cabs. Best soundstage comes from speakers at the proper listening height and then playing around with positioning. Bringing them out from the wall and having very little stuff between them is best but not always practical.

well said, which is was trying to :cheers:

@OP

good set of spikes counts too :)

Wharfedale Xarus 5000 x 4

Wharfedale Xarus center

Denon avr 1911

LG BX 580 3D Blu-ray Player

Raspberry Pi Running XBMC

2x HP Microserver running ubuntu, with raid 5 for NAS

Trend Audio 10.1 amp for wifes pc speakers

Trend Audio 10.2 amp for my pc speakers

Own DIY Built speakers for wife and my speakers, using Aurasound 3" and seas tweeter.

Wife: Sennheiser HD 380 Pro(home) and CX300-II(work)

Me: Sennheiser HD380 pro(home) and HD558(work)

DIY Subwoofers, owned so many so far.

One of the setups, my brother in laws subs we built, in my home:

bothsubs.jpg

Two 15" sonosubs, takes awesomeness to the next level ;)

I still need to build my new floorstanders, and subwoofers. Have all the drivers, just need to get some time on the cnc milling machine :)

8288443747_38a37848b3_c.jpg

A little fun had with my cables much more manageable now that they aren't 3 and 6m long

That ain't a half bad idea. I hope to do a mod to my q701s to turn them into balanced headphones. I am putting together a tube amp with someone, and I am working on making it balanced as well, so we will see how that goes, but I do like that idea. Did it change the audio quality at all? I heard from a couple of people that you want as little twists and turns as possible in your cord. 

That ain't a half bad idea. I hope to do a mod to my q701s to turn them into balanced headphones. I am putting together a tube amp with someone, and I am working on making it balanced as well, so we will see how that goes, but I do like that idea. Did it change the audio quality at all? I heard from a couple of people that you want as little twists and turns as possible in your cord. 

The cord is so well insulated that I noticed no audible difference since I did this. I have spent hours listening to music (being sick gives you shit all else to do) was listening and swapping between the cable that was braided and the one that wasn't and after hearing no difference I went ahead and braided the second cable. 

The cord is so well insulated that I noticed no audible difference since I did this. I have spent hours listening to music (being sick gives you shit all else to do) was listening and swapping between the cable that was braided and the one that wasn't and after hearing no difference I went ahead and braided the second cable. 

Just finished mine. I compared the shorter and longer version before braiding and they sounded identical. After braiding, I notice  that percussion sounds a bit more tight. The difference is so minute that it is just enough to actually hear, but noting that would change the listening experience. 

I've packed away my Cyber Acoustics CA-3602, rarely used them . They took so much space for something so useless (to me)

So just the Plantronic 367 headset + inbuilt speakers on my VK278Q

Wharfedale Xarus center

Denon avr 1911

Own DIY Built speakers for wife and my speakers, using Aurasound 3" and seas tweeter.

Two 15" sonosubs, takes awesomeness to the next level wink.gif

I still need to build my new floorstanders, and subwoofers. Have all the drivers, just need to get some time on the cnc milling machine smile.gif

Nice setup! What are those 2 large black towers? :whoa:

Edited by Black64

Wharfedale Xarus center

Denon avr 1911

Two 15" sonosubs, takes awesomeness to the next level wink.gif

I still need to build my new floorstanders, and subwoofers. Have all the drivers, just need to get some time on the cnc milling machine smile.gif

Nice setup! What are those 2 large black towers? :whoa:

They would be the two 15" sonosubs, would love to hear them myself.