Your Sound Equipment

Fogel

I can tell you they sound great Mucho haha very happy with mine but they cannot even compete with my brand new CA-10 mini system driving my AKG Q701s. I am absolutely over the moon and beyond glad that I spent the $200 the set has virtually no scratches anywhere and none on the brushed aluminum face nor the Plexiglas windows to the needles.

I am blissfully sliding into wonderful oblivion right now playing Nightwish through the MASH 1-bit DAC CD-Player amped up and played out through the lovely sounding Class A amp.

I could die happy right now.

8118518981_c87cc0c282.jpg

Ok, you die happy, and ill take the A5+'s off your hands, the A2 can go to the mini rig :biggrin:

I'll sell them to you if you want. Comes with all original packaging and manual for the bargain price of $600 + shipping. For an extra $250 + shipping you can get these stands with them too. Extend all the way to 2m absolutely rock steady and are the perfect size for the A5+ speakers.

7498353674_dd4fe41d37.jpg

I'll sell them to you if you want. Comes with all original packaging and manual for the bargain price of $600 + shipping. For an extra $250 + shipping you can get these stands with them too. Extend all the way to 2m absolutely rock steady and are the perfect size for the A5+ speakers.

7498353674_dd4fe41d37.jpg

You are a cruel cruel man :teehee:

Knowing me, wont be too long until i upgrade :biggrin:

Seriously though I doubt you could find the cash that would make me part with those stands haha at $250 I would be hesitent to sell.

And the $600 well I am being a dick haha. Anyway the A5+ speakers are great monitors and they are also pretty well regarded on Audiokarma.

If you upgrade to them you will love them. I do also recommend making some very solid stands that bring them up to the same plane as your head and set them in such a way that they are equilaterally placed in regards to your head. The stereo imaging and soundstage is great when watching movies in bed I extend the stands and walk them out a bit and the result is great. Just need a bigger screen now really :/ haha

Seriously though I doubt you could find the cash that would make me part with those stands haha at $250 I would be hesitent to sell.

And the $600 well I am being a dick haha. Anyway the A5+ speakers are great monitors and they are also pretty well regarded on Audiokarma.

If you upgrade to them you will love them. I do also recommend making some very solid stands that bring them up to the same plane as your head and set them in such a way that they are equilaterally placed in regards to your head. The stereo imaging and soundstage is great when watching movies in bed I extend the stands and walk them out a bit and the result is great. Just need a bigger screen now really :/ haha

I dont want your darn fancy stands :teehee:

Yeah, i have a very large expanse of desk for my gear, and the speakers sit on that, will probably get some of those ramps for the speakers, they are a little low currently

Ill give these a workout for a couple of weeks, then look at upgrading possibly :evilgrin:

Nice system there Stoner!

Ya I know at some point the temptation beast will get the better of me and pull me in. For now tho it is easy fight because I am still thinking which path I want to take.

Tube Amp for the DT990s to sing on,

or just go for a nice stereo/speaker system

Speakers are always nice but sometimes I really love the personal feeling of headphones. I'm leaning toward the latter, which means tons of options and right now I am feeling too lazy and too cheap to research it.

Fogel a nice place to start IMO and I am sure Mucho will back me up is to go with the audioengine D1.

That little beast has such a neutral sound and the headphone amp goes strong. The lack of colouring and the isolation of the DAC means you really get to hear your headphones and the music as its meant to be.

Tube amps while cool are more expensive, not so portable and need a lot more care. The D1 is built like a brick and can handle anything really and is perfect for laptops.

Then also give Craigslist a look for a vintage stereo if you want help there I can give a look too. I find vintage stereos is a great place to start. Getting a can of compressed air and some deoxit for the pots and terminals is good too.

I love headphones too because its me and my music :)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh you young people with good hearing ................

On board Via HD Audio deck

Logitech 530 5.1 speakers.

I have tried to get the surround sound working but doesn't seem to be any good.

Also, when playing games I have noticed the sound going up and down in volume. Rather annoying, particularly if you have a background droning as in STALKER and other games. I have to turn off to clear the up and down volume.

I also have Skype, so a Microsoft camera/mic is hanging of my desk as well.

I finally finished (95%) my audio system.

Marantz on the left, dual UltraPower PGX 500 in the middle, Rotel on the right. I also just won a CC6 S2, which is the exact match for my 601 S2's. :woo:

(Yes I am using polk speakers as stands :P )

photo5fxf.jpg

Edited by Black64

Fogel a nice place to start IMO and I am sure Mucho will back me up is to go with the audioengine D1.

That little beast has such a neutral sound and the headphone amp goes strong. The lack of colouring and the isolation of the DAC means you really get to hear your headphones and the music as its meant to be.

Tube amps while cool are more expensive, not so portable and need a lot more care. The D1 is built like a brick and can handle anything really and is perfect for laptops.

Then also give Craigslist a look for a vintage stereo if you want help there I can give a look too. I find vintage stereos is a great place to start. Getting a can of compressed air and some deoxit for the pots and terminals is good too.

I love headphones too because its me and my music :)

Oh yes, my Audioengine D1 and DT990s (250Ohm) are currently the best of friends :biggrin:

Really made a nice change from onboard audio, really filled out the mids and made it all sound so much smoother

I finally finished (95%) my audio system.

Marantz on the left, dual UltraPower PGX 500 in the middle, Rotel on the right. I also just won a CC6 S2, which is the exact match for my 601 S2's. :woo:

(Yes I am using polk speakers as stands :P )

photo5fxf.jpg

I would recommend using speaker stands and fill them with sand or lead shot. It will greatly improve overall sound. And when your ready, do a crossover upgrade.

nice setup.