Does a Case Window Matter To You

66 members have voted

1. 1. Does a case with a window matter to you?

• Yes I need to show off my computer bling
    • No I do not care about seeing in my computer while using it
    • Cases have windows? Why do the parts need to see out?

Another thread got me wondering what people think. Do you need a window in your case choice? If so why?

For me , personally a window is not a big deal, in fact I usually try to not have one. I mean once the system is built I just open it to blow out dust or do work. Since I blow out dust the first of every month on schedule I do not need to see for dust and while my parts might look neat I use my computer not stare at it lovingly all day.

However for the show I did use a case with a window, the Level 10 GT. The reason was so we could put a cool logo on the window and get the lighting to make it glow with the parts visible. However this system is built that way purely for showing off on locations.

Edited by ComputerEd

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It does not realy matter to me as a side panel with a window does not increase performance.a clean pc with lighting and a window looks great but a case with a window and dust looks horrible.

Nope. Most of the cases I've owned over the years haven't had them, and if they did (with the exception of one), it was because they didn't come with the option of not having one.

I had an acrylic case once. Never again. It looked cool but it was a freakin' nightmare to keep clean, work in, etc.

Edited by Waco

I prefer them... this way i can see when it need to be cleaned... ;)

to me it just looks better and I tend to add the fans to the window itself and it has always worked for good case airflow... down low in the window...

For me its the AHHHHH Factor. people around me dont care about PCs and just buy them at Wal-Mart.... they are un-knowing of custom rigs so they always look like a kid in a candy store when they see mine...me and my lil' brother are the only ones into PCs locally that i know of...

My preference is with a side panel window. I like to look at what I've spent my money on. For me it's like buying a $40K car and saying it doesn't matter if it has chrome aluminum wheels or not. I like the aesthetics. I'd also second what Doc said about the oohh ahh factor. When we have guests over at the house (the guys especially) they never fail to marvel over my custom builds if they've never seen one before.

For me it's like buying a $40K car and saying it doesn't matter if it has chrome aluminum wheels or not. I like the aesthetics.

I hate chrome. :lol:

I don't care what other people think about my stuff. If I like it, I like it, and that's that. :P That said, some people like chrome, I don't. :lol: