Sign in to follow this  
Queenz

Thinking about buying the Coolermaster Cosmos II case

Ever since I've seen the Coolermaster Cosmos II case I've been thinking about buying one. I just love the design of it. I have one problem though how come Coolermaster decided not to make a damn clear viewing side panel on it to show off your nice hardware inside? I mean come on people that spend $350 on a case are going to be throwing some really nice hardware in it and want to show off their stuff. Especially if your planning on throwing some sweet looking watercooling setup inside you want to see it! Makes no sense to me at all :dunno:

They got everything else right with the case except the damn side panel.

I am putting my own custom window in my Cosmos II, but if you wait a bit I think it's almost inevitable that they will come out with a windowed panel/version

Ever since I've seen the Coolermaster Cosmos II case I've been thinking about buying one. I just love the design of it. I have one problem though how come Coolermaster decided not to make a damn clear viewing side panel on it to show off your nice hardware inside? I mean come on people that spend $350 on a case are going to be throwing some really nice hardware in it and want to show off their stuff. Especially if your planning on throwing some sweet looking watercooling setup inside you want to see it! Makes no sense to me at all :dunno:

They got everything else right with the case except the damn side panel.

It was designed for people who want an amazing case that is also really quiet. If you put in a window then you can't have much noise dampening material. The original cosmos was the same way if I remember right

It was designed for people who want an amazing case that is also really quiet. If you put in a window then you can't have much noise dampening material. The original cosmos was the same way if I remember right

+1. If iget one(unlikely unless i suddenly inherit a couple million) i would not cut a window.

I think you could add a window while still keeping the noise dampening qualities intact. It would have to be double pane glass though, to have an air buffer between the two panes where some of the noise would die out. If you really wanna show off your hardware it's not hard to open that side door at all, just putting that out there :P

I think you could add a window while still keeping the noise dampening qualities intact. It would have to be double pane glass though, to have an air buffer between the two panes where some of the noise would die out. If you really wanna show off your hardware it's not hard to open that side door at all, just putting that out there :P

That still wouldn't absorb any sound. It would just reflect it back into the case where it could come out through the other openings.

It's a $350 case...for that much you can nearly get a custom case built. :lol:

It's a $350 case...for that much you can nearly get a custom case built. :lol:

Where at?

I know you can buy cases on Newegg :wave:

I'm talking about him referring to custom built cases from the ground up. Are you referring to places like mountainmods.com?

CosmosII is a very good case. It would have been better if packed with a transparent side panel IMO. But, spending $350? Think twice.