Studio/Gaming Headset?

My_Inner_Fred

Hey OCC!

I'm looking for a nice headset I can use for both music creation purposes and gaming purposes.

Usually studio quality headsets are expensive and don't have a mic attached. So I may have to settle with a gaming headset with good db sensitivity and decent hz-Khz range.

My budget is $100 and I'm currently looking at some Steelseries headsets.

My current choice: steelseries Siberia v2 3.5mm Connector Circumaural Full-size Headset

Anyone have any suggestions? I just wanted to run through the OCC community before making my final decision.

I just have to ask, but why is the mic an absolute requirement?

Other than that, the Steelseries set you picked is a pretty good one. I believe a few members here use it and seem to be happy with it. I've never used it extensively, but everything I've heard about it has been favorable.

I've listened to music on gaming cans and there is no way I could see anyone producing music off of them. You miss so many of the beats with them and they don't have the fidelity for most songs.

I hear these go for under $100 on e-Bay. If you trust ebay I would buy these cans:

- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 ($143 on Amazon)

- Attach the Zalman Zm-Mic1 High Sensitivity Headphone Microphone ($9)

Or go a cheaper route, buy the mic off of Amazon and then try these cans out. Audiophiles on Head-Fi.org speak highly of them despite the low price.

- Panasonic RP-HTF600-S Stereo Headphones ($32)

I would buy the Panasonics instead of over priced gaming cans ...gaming phones just fail at music.

edit: Another option

- Audio Technica ATH-AD700 ($104)

Edited by Fogel

I've listened to music on gaming cans and there is no way I could see anyone producing music off of them. You miss so many of the beats with them and they don't have the fidelity for most songs.

I hear these go for under $100 on e-Bay. If you trust ebay I would buy these cans:

- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 ($143 on Amazon)

- Attach the Zalman Zm-Mic1 High Sensitivity Headphone Microphone ($9)

Or go a cheaper route, buy the mic off of Amazon and then try these cans out. Audiophiles on Head-Fi.org speak highly of them despite the low price.

- Panasonic RP-HTF600-S Stereo Headphones ($32)

I would buy the Panasonics instead of over priced gaming cans ...gaming phones just fail at music.

edit: Another option

- Audio Technica ATH-AD700 ($104)

Wow thanks for the suggestions. That Audio-Technica ATH-M50 was $14 on Amazon when I tried to order it. Most likely a error on their end. They caught it right on time and changed it to $150 -.-

I'm so pissed I missed it before they changed the price T.T

Lol Thanks for the suggestions.

What sort of setup do you have for making music exactly? For that matter, what type of music do you make?

Just off the top of my head until you answer the question, consider this head set http://www.newegg.co...N82E16826785024

Ahh Music? Techo/Progessive House/lil bit of Trance.

FL Studio 10 is the program being used.

You definitely don't want gaming phones then ...the bass will be forced and disjointed and there will be a veil that obscures many of the subtle beats ...or it just won't be able to recognize the beats.

I would recommend Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headphones for music. They are pretty bass lean, but are also pretty bass capable, meaning they can handle the bass really well but it won't be overpowered like in some other headphones. Good all around headphones for music and gaming, and if you need a mic just get the Zalman one Fogel linked. The HD 280 Pros can be a bit tight at first, but loosen up over time.

You definitely don't want gaming phones then ...the bass will be forced and disjointed and there will be a veil that obscures many of the subtle beats ...or it just won't be able to recognize the beats.

Yeah I know. But most of the high quality earphones are expensive, above $100.

I heard good things about the Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, and I really considered buying it but. Its $100 dollars and buying a external mic would add up to be more than $100, I currently don't have enough cash to make a purchase like that atm.