Have you ever been satisfied with a pc you built?

neddamttocs

84 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been satisfied with a pc you built?

• Yes
    • No

Hell Yes!

AMD X2 3800+ (12 hours to encode a HD movie)

Intel C2Q Q6600 (6 hours to encode a HD movie)

Intel i5 2500K (Under a few minutes to encode a HD movie with QuickSync, 1-2 hours without QuickSync)

Edited by Krazyxazn

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted yes. I'm generally happy with whatever I put together, but I have been known to upgrade or add things down the line when they go on sale. For example, I was happy with my current computer, but was happier when I put a soundcard in and moved away from onboard sound.

I also remember getting the best steppings on both my Opteron 170 and Q6600. Hit 3GHz on both with no voltage change. :)

I voted NO....

I have only ever had 1 rig that maybe I was slightly happy with and that was back int he Socket A days with my DFI-LP-B ultra board and rig. Currently since then I have NOT been happy with any rig I have built for myself. even though I have scrutinized over parts they've never really seemed to be the right decisions and the performance has suffered greatly.

i'm with you. my XP 2000+ was all i needed for a few years. since than it seems like every time i finish a build it's outdated. heck now i can go up to 64gb of ram...

No, because i have never been able to afford all the bits i need.

I have a quite good functioning pc but i have had to cut too many corners to get it.

My cooling and case suck, my hdd is too small, my optical drives dead and i cant replace, it my gpus are way too power hungry(and fold too slow).

If i could fix all those things then i would be satisfied.

:withstupid:

Even though my current rig could be better and I know things that I plan to upgrade dose not mean that I'm not happy with it. I know I could always improve on something. But at the same time I'm happy with what I've got!

Edited by Mysion

I'm surprised at all the "No" votes. If you weren't satisfied, then you didn't do it right.

Did as well as I could afford it not how I wanted it and then something better comes along and my satisfaction levels drop accordingly. :rolleyes: