Sign in to follow this  
Queenz

Computer takes Two Times to Boot?

Something that just started recently after building my computer is that I notice from a cold boot the computer takes 2 times to start to actually make it to the POST screen. First it will start up and all the fans and power will kick in and then it will quickly shut down for 2 seconds then start back up again to where it finally makes it to the POST screen. It does all of this itself and the first boot attempt it never makes it to the POST screen. After it restarts itself the second time then it does. I cleared the CMOS and even checked every connection and nothing is overclocked and I have the latest BIOS already nothing works.

One thing I notice is that it does this on a cold boot after the computer hasn't been on for a good hour or overnight. Now if the computer has been on for a while and I shut it down and start it back up right away it turns on fine the first time. :unsure:

I've had a similar thing happen in the past and I seem to remember it was due to some device or other I had plugged into a USB port?

I know my 1155 setup did this before a BIOS update, but since then it hasn't happened. But, before that it used to dbl boot, like Waco sd though, I was never concerned with it :thumbsup:

Ok thanks guys! Glad to know it's normal haha. I thought maybe my motherboard was having an issue. :teehee:

I have had this issue before. I changed out the processor last but not least and that fixed the issue.

Not saying that it will fix your issue but it very well may be that. If you have a friend that has a spare borrow it. Lol

Mine did this and I fixed it by disabling the motherboard logo on startup in the bios. Don't ask me why that fixed it.

Mine did this and I fixed it by disabling the motherboard logo on startup in the bios. Don't ask me why that fixed it.

Mine does this I wouldn't say it needs fixing unless it impacts on the o.s performance or program performance. Not exactly an issue for me.

Unless your one of those 'boot speed queens' I wouldn't give it too much thought :whistling:

well that is a very interesting solution sir, ...i will try that on my p55ud5/875k. it's been doing something similar since it was first built,...i've even gone so far as to send the mobo back to gigabyte,...they updated the bios to the latest at the time but that didn't correct the double boot issue... ,....i eventually just chalked it up to dual boot system glitch and ran it...now i know there is a possible solution and will try to go into the startup screen selections and experiment with some changes tomorrow...

Strange that others have confirmed the problem on this MB/BIOS combo. Personally, I had the same problem about 5 years ago and it was the PSU not having enough power to spin everything up from cold.. when the drives and fans were going, a warm reset started the system normally.