Don't Support SOPA OCC! Go into Blackout!

ir_cow

today is the 18th and many major websites are going into blackout. i hope OCC will support this movement because who knows, they may shut down occ if they feel like it.

http://sopastrike.com/

nice liitle video PROTECT IP / SOPA Breaks The Internet Video

i think i'm going to move to north korea if this passes, at that point the counties might as well be married.

Edited by hornybluecow

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As everyone here know I stand firmly against SOPA and PIPA the way the bills are written but I am not sure I support the whole black out idea. I mean the public interest in this is not really high but the information is out there for all to see. I just do not feel the black out is going to help the cause in any way. Getting the word out is great but the word is out and so these melodramatics are not going to really fuel it more than it already exists in the general public eye.

Blacking out an international website for a national issue is not a good idea.

Plus most everyone who uses this site will already know about it and hopefully know how terrible it is.

What does it matter if the site is international? This bill is international, you think they're just going to block us from using the pirate bay or something? What if they were to shut down a website run in the US for being associated with piracy? That affects other people in the world too, not just us.

I like wikipedias version of the blackout and having work-arounds. The blackout is working in terms of raising awareness but . people off isn't the way to go. If there was a page before the OCC main page that describes SOPA and its effects, that would be preferable than a whole site blackout

I like wikipedias version of the blackout and having work-arounds. The blackout is working in terms of raising awareness but . people off isn't the way to go. If there was a page before the OCC main page that describes SOPA and its effects, that would be preferable than a whole site blackout

They've already done that, tons of sites did that. The fact that you don't know that, shows how ineffective it was. :lol:

I actually went to wikipedia to see the blackout message but the site wasn't blacked out. Turns out because I have noscript installed and was blocking scripts from wikimedia.org I could get to the site just fine. I just found that amusing.