Looking for New GPU for 4/5 Monitors

jjjrmy

I just sold my MSI 6850 and am looking for a new card that can support 4 or 5 monitors in an Eyefinity setup.

Don't really wanna spend more than $200.

GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS!

You would possibly get 5 screen productivity set up going but then game on 3+2 monitors with no to low aa and medium settings.

Although I would suggest, for the triple screen gaming and 2 detached screens, having a look at the 7950 and 7850/70 when they come while also comparing them back for price v performance with the 6950 making sure alsno that any card you get supports 5 outputs as well as understanding that you will likely need to fork our cash for active dp to dvi adapters unless you get something like the sapphire flex I beleive that allows for three screen eyefinity with no adapters.

Other screens could be run with the relatively cheap passive adapters or look at something like crossfire 6870 flex but you will not really manage with a single $200 card.

$200, 5 monitors, single card don't mix if you plan on gaming.

this is true

something like a 6990 can run 5 screen eyefinity (usually done in portrait mode)

but even a 6990 isnt enough to run modern games at high settings on 5

dual 6990s would be better, but to get decent performance your looking at 3-4 7970s to max out games at that res, which is $1500-2000 just on the gpus

i ran 3 screen eyefinty on dual 6970s, and i had to turn down setting on a few games, so that is out of the question in your budget

this is true

something like a 6990 can run 5 screen eyefinity (usually done in portrait mode)

but even a 6990 isnt enough to run modern games at high settings on 5

dual 6990s would be better, but to get decent performance your looking at 3-4 7970s to max out games at that res, which is $1500-2000 just on the gpus

i ran 3 screen eyefinty on dual 6970s, and i had to turn down setting on a few games, so that is out of the question in your budget

I'm not looking to game on all the monitors. Is it possible to get 6 on a 6870? How would I go about doing that?

I'm not looking to game on all the monitors. Is it possible to get 6 on a 6870? How would I go about doing that?

you can, but you have too buy something like this: Club 3D HD6870 Eyefinity6