Novint Falcon

slick2500

First I'm not sure if this is the right section for this but it seemed like the right spot.

Just looking for some information on the Novint Falcon.

Has anyone here used one of these? If so what is your opinion on it?

It looks like it would be really cool to have for playing fps games.

that looks EPIC!

At $280 it dosent seem that out of this world expensive either. Not much more than a decent racing wheel would cost.

Would love to have the spare cash for this!

Looks pretty cool. I'd definitely take one if offered. However, I'm not inclined to spend money on it.

But imagine what it could evolve into. Could really add realism to games.

• 2 weeks later...

First I'm not sure if this is the right section for this but it seemed like the right spot.

Just looking for some information on the Novint Falcon.

Has anyone here used one of these? If so what is your opinion on it?

It looks like it would be really cool to have for playing fps games.

Hi Slick,

I'm a developer of 3D Touch profiles for the Novint Falcon, and came across your thread. My honest opinion of the Falcon, as a gamer, is that it is in fact very cool and immersive, but you need to evaluate your expectations of it before purchasing it. If you want to have a lot more fun with your games, and be far more immersed in them, then it's probable something you can confidently invest in. If your main objective is to play competitively and you don't care about anything but getting headshots in CS or high kill scores in COD, you might want to think twice about buying it. Now, I'm not saying you can't be competitive with it (I personally am very competitive when I play with the Falcon), but performance with the mouse is certainly not immediately translated 1:1 to the Falcon. Like anything you use for the first time (eg. Dual Shock controller or Wii Controller) it takes some getting used to. However, once you get used to it, and give it some time, you should eventually reach the same proficiency you had with the mouse.

I hope this helps out =) I'm open to any specific questions you might have on the Falcon as well.

- johntnovint

Hi Slick,

I'm a developer of 3D Touch profiles for the Novint Falcon, and came across your thread. My honest opinion of the Falcon, as a gamer, is that it is in fact very cool and immersive, but you need to evaluate your expectations of it before purchasing it. If you want to have a lot more fun with your games, and be far more immersed in them, then it's probable something you can confidently invest in. If your main objective is to play competitively and you don't care about anything but getting headshots in CS or high kill scores in COD, you might want to think twice about buying it. Now, I'm not saying you can't be competitive with it (I personally am very competitive when I play with the Falcon), but performance with the mouse is certainly not immediately translated 1:1 to the Falcon. Like anything you use for the first time (eg. Dual Shock controller or Wii Controller) it takes some getting used to. However, once you get used to it, and give it some time, you should eventually reach the same proficiency you had with the mouse.

I hope this helps out =) I'm open to any specific questions you might have on the Falcon as well.

- johntnovint

Nah I don't play competitively, I just play for fun.

And the immersiveness is what I'm looking for. Thanks for the info.