Could I have a faulty temp sensor?

Queenz

The HeatKiller blocks have a plate inside with little slits in it. I know the only time I ever had a temp problem with mine is when these slits became obstructed.

Once I took apart the block and cleaned it, been good to go ever since. Right now it's folding at 100% (i7 2600K @ 4.6) and maxes at 57c. You may want to take your block apart and check.

wow rjr, how did you come up with that solution ? ...that's ingenious...!! ... hopefully that that'll fix queenz too

wow rjr, how did you come up with that solution ?

I tried to increase my flow rate by using a larger pump, when this didn't work it was obvious that something was restricting the flow. That plate was the culprit (dog hair, don't ask :lol: ).

Mine didnt come with that jet plate because I opened the block to clean it before I used it.

:huh: It should have AFAIK. The whole reason that block works well is the impingement plate...

Ok after a trillion hours of screwing with everything I almost gave up. But today when I came home from class I decided to take everything apart and have a look over it again. This time paying attention to EVERY single thing. I removed the waterblock and I happened to be looking at the bottom of it. Upon closer inspection I realized that there was barely any thermal paste on the back of the block and most of it was still laying on the CPU. Usually you would see a square outline of the CPU on the back of the waterblock after pulling it up. But on mine there wasn't. After fiddling with the block for a while I came to a conclusion that I never tightened the waterblock good enough so that it has even contact across the whole CPU surface. I was afraid of tightening it too much before. But this time I did. And to my amazement I checked out the temps in Windows and at stock speeds I was idling around 18-19c and around 40 load.

So now I overclocked it and these are my temp results. At this speed before I was around 78-80 load. But look at it now!!

58847050.png

Sooooo relieved it's finally where it should be at :cheers:

Edited by Queenz