Tjj226's Stuff For Sale

Tjj226_Angel

I have heard that there are places to buy parts to build your own laptop. But you are really limited by what they have.

Limited yes, overpriced yes, poorly optimized yes, a massive pita yes and is it still better to put up with what you dont have so you can get a decent speced laptop that does what you need while being properly powered and cooled yes.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Limited yes, overpriced yes, poorly optimized yes, a massive pita yes and is it still better to put up with what you dont have so you can get a decent speced laptop that does what you need while being properly powered and cooled yes.

I have to disagree with you here. Quite a few of the barebone laptops I've built were great and were cheaper then a prebuilt alternative. They were also way less of a PITA then some of the prebuilt laptops I've worked on (especially Toshiba -.-). If you find the right barebone you can build a very decent laptop for a nice price, plus, some people do it just for the DIY experience. :P

Toshiba laptops have been easy to pull apart and reasemble in my experience and in Australia building a laptop works out more expensive than buying (150% +)

Edit: sorry to turn your for sale thread into a discussion thread TJ

Edited by Stonerboy779

7. Software Rules:

A. We have a zero tolerance for pirated software. In the event that you sell pirated software on our site, all identifiably and personal information about you WILL be immediately turned over to the authorities.

B. You may NOT sell or trade academic or NFR (Not for Resale) software.

C. ALL OEM software must be sold/traded with a piece of hardware as per the OEM software TOS states.

D. You may NOT sell or trade beta accounts, game accounts, game characters, or any other type of entity that you do not physically own.

E. You may NOT sell or trade CD Keys without the original disks or CD(s).

Sorry Tj226_angle. Can only Trade ,within the bounds, on OCC as the rules are stated.

regards,

Boinker.

Which is totally fine, I will be on the up and up. I just want to know for sure what the up and up is :lol:

ill submit it to the other mods and see what becomes

But part E is pretty clear. Now the fact that it is ther OEM i will have to check on.

See it is the C part that gets my attention. The C and E are definitely competing because I am selling OEM software with the hard ware (ie the OEM OS), but because I am selling it OEM, I do not have the disk. That is the part I a getting confused on.

bare with us as we are working on it....

there is the valid point you can also download this as a Digital copy from MS and burn it to your media and get the key in the link... so we are working on an answer for you... until that time the current rules stick....

Well this post was supposed to be the edited sales thread, which turned into being a duplicated post, which is now useless because I get to sell the drive anyways.

So yay!!!!!! :woo: :woo: :woo:

Thanks to all the moderators and people who put in the effort to clean this issue up :thumbsup::cheers:

Edited by Tjj226_Angel