Tjj226's Stuff For Sale

Tjj226_Angel

Hello,

I only ship to the USA, Canada, and certain members I can trust. If I do not know you, and do not live in north America, I WILL NOT SELL ANY ITEM TO YOU.

All buyers are responsible for shipping.

No returns. I will test all the products the exact hour before shipping and will document the working condition with pictures along with the packaging to assure the buyer the product IS working before shipping. Any DOA items becomes the responsibility of the buyer to work with the postal service. Because of the sometimes fragile nature of the items being shipped (hard drives as an example), postal insurance is recommended, but not required.

Haggling is allowed, but be respectful and tell me why you feel like the price should be lower with a reasonable. Don't ask me for 99% off an item, because not only will I not sell the item to you, but I probably won't sell any future items to you either.

Other than that, have fun shopping.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For sale:

I have a 640 GB 2.5 inch hard drive. Here are the tech specs. This is a brand new hard drive. It was only used for about a week before I bought by SSD to replace it. It is in full working order. It also has windows 7 64 bit Professional edition on it as well. Because of the OS and the condition of the drive, I am asking 140 for the drive. If you are interested or have a question, you can ask on this thread, or you can PM me for a quicker answer.

Next is a 250 GG 3.5 inch hard drive. Here are the tech specs. This is a simple bare hard drive that I literally never once used. It was intended to be used as a safe and simple way to test the windows 8 beta. Since for the longest time it was that crappy developers beta, I never bothered to even try. It has litterally been sitting in an anti static bag on my shelf for like 2 months. I did test it though to make sure it did work before I posted it here, and I ran some tests, and I can say for sure that this drive is in full working order. I am asking for 50 USD.

If anyone would like pictures, just ask.

Good luck and happy shopping :cheers:

Added to the sale:

PS3 MW3: 40 bucks and the buys pays shipping. Price is negotiable.

Edited by Tjj226_Angel

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the laptop hard drive, simply having an operating system installed on there will not guarantee it will work on a different system.

It should? I can run it on my laptop, desktop, moms laptop, sisters laptop, main OLD OLD OLD POS computer, and I just got done testing it on all of my friends PCs because of this question. It all works. I don't see how it wouldn't work on every computer anyways? I could only assume you are referring to driver issues? In which case, those can be ironed out.

laptop, desktop, moms laptop, sisters laptop, main OLD OLD OLD POS computer

I count 5 different motherboards there.

That is a lot of driver clean up not to mention this will be an oem licence so the chances of getting it working properly on yet another motherboard that will be connecting to the internet aren't the greatest imo.

How do you explain to Microsoft that a licence originally registered to a laptop motherboard is now going to go into some desktop pc?

I count 5 different motherboards there.

That is a lot of driver clean up not to mention this will be an oem licence so the chances of getting it working properly on yet another motherboard that will be connecting to the internet aren't the greatest imo.

How do you explain to Microsoft that a licence originally registered to a laptop motherboard is now going to go into some desktop pc?

:dunno:

I didn't mess around with the drivers on the other computers, I just checked to see if they could boot into windows. I don't know why this is such a big deal because we did this sort of stuff all the time at the computer store I worked at. In fact it was a fresh OS install from the computer store that is on the drive now.

As for explaining it to microsoft, I don't think that is how it works. 1 key per 1 copy of windows 7 is all they care about. For the past year for school what I have done is use a totally different hard drive and loaded windows 7 onto it with a key and drivers and yada yada ya. I used the USB port to connect to computers and boot from it. So whether I was at home with my desktop, or at school with a POS computer, I always had MY windows 7 desktop. Completely legal copy of windows 7 fully licensed and everything else, and it worked just fine. I even had the drivers for all the computers too, and I am telling you there wasn't a single flaw.

The drive works, windows 7 works, Microsoft doesn't care because it is a fully legal copy, and I am not breaking any of the websites rules for OEM software if I understand them correctly, so why does anyone care exactly? Maybe the price is too high, but other than that, it sounds to me like some new builder would be getting a good drive with windows 7 on it which would save them a lot of money. Until Bosco, Boinker, Nyt Ryda, or some other moderator steps in to say that I can not do it (of which I will respectfully lower the price and format the drive) it really is fair WORKING game.

Maybe its different with Windows 7, but on XP and earlier - BSOD.

Nope, XP is where I learned the trick. The difference is with XP, you have to uninstall the drivers and reinstall them back onto the drive. I am not sure about earlier OSs than XP, but that is the only possibility of the drive having compatibility issues.

Windows 7 OEM keys are tied to the motherboard, so unless the buyer just happens to have the same exact motherboard, this will not work. The license will be invalidated.

Now if Windows 7 Professional that is on the hard drive right now is a retail version, then we are playing a whole different ball game. Windows 7 retail will let you switch between multiple computers as long as the OS stays on one machine.

Edited by DeAdLy_MaNgO

I have a 640 GB 2.5 inch hard drive. Here are the tech specs. This is a brand new hard drive. It was only used for about a week before I bought by SSD to replace it. It is in full working order. It also has windows 7 64 bit Professional edition on it as well. Because of the OS and the condition of the drive, I am asking 140 for the drive. If you are interested or have a question, you can ask on this thread, or you can PM me for a quicker answer.

I am presuming that you are including the OS registration sticker as well correct? If so I am interested.

Windows 7 OEM keys are tied to the motherboard, so unless the buyer just happens to have the same exact motherboard, this will not work. The license will be invalidated.

Now if Windows 7 Professional that is on the hard drive right now is a retail version, then we are playing a whole different ball game. Windows 7 retail will let you switch between multiple computers as long as the OS stays on one machine.

After that being said All you would have to do is contact Microsoft over the Phone, Grab the automated system and Activate it. Simple, Done and done. I am still using the same OS that my X58 SLI FTW3 used and moved it to my P6T7. sweep and install drivers, All good.

Other then that Tjj226 has too, as per MArket rule 7, sell the disk and CD Key all together as you are advertising an OS to be sold in either virtual or physical form.

After that being said All you would have to do is contact Microsoft over the Phone, Grab the automated system and Activate it. Simple, Done and done. I am still using the same OS that my X58 SLI FTW3 used and moved it to my P6T7. sweep and install drivers, All good.

Other then that Tjj226 has too, as per MArket rule 7, sell the disk and CD Key all together as you are advertising an OS to be sold in either virtual or physical form.

No. If that is the case then I will just reduce the price of the cost. All I have is the hard drive that was originally in my laptop when I bought it, with the product key... on the laptop. I thought that as long as I had the key and was selling it with hard ware I was fine? I a not going to argue and go to jail over the looming SOPA bill :rofl: , but if you could clarify that for me it would be appreciated.

If that is the case I will just sell the drive for 60 shipped and formatted.

I am presuming that you are including the OS registration sticker as well correct? If so I am interested.

I was until Boinker said I need to sell it with the disk. That is a law that makes very little sense since laptops don't come with the OEM windows disk anymore and I can't make a disk appear out of thin air. So I guess I can not do it. If you are still interested in just the hard drive, or if boinker as the moderator gives me the green light, you are more than welcome to PM me to set up a price, or contingency plan provided that I can sell it with win 7 embedded.