Just great. SSD just died.

Waco

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The drives I've had die in my desktop are literally clones of the original Vertex (you can even cross-flash the firmware from one brand to another). The SSD I've abused is in my EeePC and it's never had a single problem.

Thanks for saving me money Waco :P

I just can't get myself to order an SSD. They just seem to not last very long or have firmware ussues and then I've read a lot of people get bsod or other weird errors.

Mas tiempo for SSDs to get better, for me anyways.

I'd call corsair and have a nice little talk if I were you though if you haven't already.

Good luck

Aren't SSD's supposed to be MORE reliable than mechanical drives? Go figure.

Well so far I'm at a 100% failure rate within 1 year for both of the SSDs I've had. If the trend continues my RMA return will die within a few months. :lol: Then I'll be 3 for 3.

Why I don't have an SSD. :lol:

This is why I own SSDs. :lol:

post-8484-0-54887300-1326495375_thumb.jpg

Sure, it's just ATTO, but aren't those numbers fun. :lol: I'll have Windows on it shortly, I had to resize my backed-up image to fit on the somewhat smaller array.

EDIT: Frank aren't you supposed to be at the Patriot party? :P

I'm consoling myself by playing 140 dB music on the home theater. I can't get away with this when BluePanda is home. :lol:

No Frank didn't go to the Patriot party with us, but you really can't look at the time stamps of our posts, due to the fact that we are all prob still posting in our own time zones :teehee:

But, I def believe you about the loud music. Panda almost freaked out on the McDonald's crew because the music was too loud :lol: But, after a long day of writing there using the wireless, because of our crappy internet limitations at the hotel, I think most of us were getting antsy!

Well it sucks about the drives going bad, but hopefully you will have better luck this time :thumbsup:

Wow that is weird, I was checking my pms on here and burning a dvd then BSOD and my pc would not boot. My ssd shows up, but I cant reformat or reinstall windows. Lucky for me its still under warranty.

Wow that is weird, I was checking my pms on here and burning a dvd then BSOD and my pc would not boot. My ssd shows up, but I cant reformat or reinstall windows. Lucky for me its still under warranty.

My bad luck is spreading...:lol: