Sign in to follow this  
htaed

pod casting mic

im looking for a cheap yet good pod casting mic for around 5-6 people. 1 preferably can go 2. plan on starting up a gaming pod cast with a few friend we are in the process of making a website/ logo's etc.. but interested if anyone has ideas for a good mic. we don't have alot of money to toss into this yet so cheaper the better. thanks in advance.

If you're interested in going with something better than Logitech desktop mics and the like, pick up one or two of these: Behringer XM8500. I've actually heard a lot about these mics from fellow amateur recording friends; the performance and sound is on par with Sure SM58's, which I have used quite frequently. Versus the $100 Sure mic, the Behringer is a bargain and definitely sounds just as good. You will need a preamp for the mic however, as you can't go directly from mic to soundcard unless you have a soundcard that can drive the mic properly. Preamps can get very pricey, but if you want to stay low and in the introductory range, take a look at something like the Audio Art Tube MP or the Behringer MIC200. Then, all you will need is some cables from mic to preamp/preamp to computer, and some mic stands.

Of course though, this is all just random stuff off the top of my head. I have no idea what your budget really is, what equipment you have, or how much you want to invest into this hobby. In light of this, I would say you should read up before you make any big purchases, like anything else.

Ive got like a 5input mixer for my dj gear i could mostlikely rig up for a preamp i do down the line plan on getting a new audio card. But mic budget is probably around $80 id say max.